No announcement yet.

Cotto signed the contract knowing that a loss could jeopardize a fight with DLH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    can you show me any articles or interviews where Floyd was explaining what Hatton to do to earn a shot at him? If i remember correctly, that fight wasnt even a thought untill Hatton called him out and Floyd realized the profit potential.

it is my understanding that DLH and Hatton were fights that Floyd actively pursued or agreed to with no problem.
    That fight was a pretty big thought actually.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      AND Oscar said he wants to face Miguel AFTER the ****ing Marg fight.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=13648

Originally posted by De La Hoya
      If I beat Mayweather, my following fight has to be Cotto in December.

Comment

Bad_Barracuda, why did you just delete your post?

Comment

"He has a difficult fight with Margarito July 26" WHICH MEANS, He wants to fight him AFTER that fight, durrrrppppp.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
            This is an indication that Miguel Cotto has the heart of a true champion, unlike "Chicken" Floyd Mayweather.
            Floyd has more balls than Scary Joe could even dream of having..

A Calzone nuthugger can't call anybody a chicken..

You are such a hypocrite..

Cotto has balls if he fights Oscar..but Floyd is a coward for fighting him at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post
              Floyd has more balls than Scary Joe could even dream of having..

A Calzone nuthugger can't call anybody a chicken..

You are such a hypocrite..

Cotto has balls if he fights Oscar..but Floyd is a coward for fighting him at 154
              haha i love of this guy goes crazy after everyone's favorite fighter. i used to dislike you but you've become funny. i hope you post more.

Comment

say something bout juan manuel marquez now

Comment

If this is true, the man has got balls. Shows he's got confidence in his abilities. Props.

Comment

Miguel Cotto has real balls he is fighting who his company wants him to fight because when you ask Junito he says: "I fight whoever they put in front of me" Arum has promoted Margarito like a hype job for years and now he wants to put the two together, easy negotiations since they are under the same promotional company, and its the company that has put him with Miguel Cotto, not Cotto himself...But yeah he has real metal

The point is Cotto has no choice, who can he fight at Welterweight? He has fought Mosley and other options are: DLH, Mayweather, Margarito. Out of these Margarito is the easiest fight to make, with Cotto getting 5 million the highest career payday. DLH Is fighting Mayweather in September and he said "Cotto has a tough fight coming up on 26th June" meaning that Cotto is in for a tough night and he has to pass that test, should he win and DLH wins or loses against Mayweather (Doesn't really matter does it?) he will face Cotto in December.

He already beat Quintana, Williams recently lost, Gomez was the "Tune-up" fight, So which fight is available for him that can make him the most money and with someone he hasn't beat yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Cotto signed the fight because he is supposed to fight Margarito. lol damn you are doing some slurping lately.
                      I was waiting for someone to say this, and it figures it was skills.

This fight was always in Arum's plans. You can't read into Cotto's actions some obsession with Oscar or Floyd. He has done nothing to make us think he has such an obsession. He is building his own legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X