• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    And it's over.
    Hell of a run

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Lights Out?
      Good call i think thats him. That show was alright too.

Comment

• Spike TV has boxing on Fridays, TRU Tv has cards on Fridays as well with FS1 so there's that

Comment

• I"ve watched a lot of FNFs throughout the years, so many good fights. Also a lot of garbage baseball/track/tennis going over and making me wait.

Goat fights.

Letterlough(RIP) vs. JC Gonzalez(RIP)
          Mickey Ward vs. Emmanuell Burton
          Sheika vs. Pemberton - Sick fights
          Mickey Ward vs. Reggie Green - Rocky Movie finish
          Luna vs. Luna - I still watch this fight sometimes, best 4 round pro debut I've ever seen.

Those are some of the best

Comment

Lights Out?
            I was bummed when they cancelled that show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rope_Burns View Post
              With all the fighters Haymon owns you'd think he'd keep FNF weekly to give tv times to all his fighters.
              By time July roles along, PBC will be on every week(end) on one of the stations either NBC, Showtime, CBS, Spike, ESPN, Bounce TV and ABC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rope_Burns View Post
                Good call i think thats him. That show was alright too.
                Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                I was bummed when they cancelled that show.
                It was pretty good and had a solid cast. It was also set up well for another season.

Still surprises me that HBO has never tried to do that sort of drama. It would be easy to just have it based around a gym so you could tell all kinds of different stories. Not even like you would need real writers just rip stuff straight from boxing that is stranger than fiction.

Comment

It was pretty good and had a solid cast. It was also set up well for another season.

Still surprises me that HBO has never tried to do that sort of drama. It would be easy to just have it based around a gym so you could tell all kinds of different stories. Not even like you would need real writers just rip stuff straight from boxing that is stranger than fiction.
                  YUP.

At least SHO should have picked it up, they used to have that resurrection blvd back in the day. I never watched it but I remember Johnny Tapia was on one time doing jump rope.

SHO was trying to promote Tapia like Naseem Hamed for a little while even making him a stage where he came out dancing.

But yeah lights out didn't get much of a push, maybe if the show was today the PBC and Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight would have given it a push in the ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                    YUP.

At least SHO should have picked it up, they used to have that resurrection blvd back in the day. I never watched it but I remember Johnny Tapia was on one time doing jump rope.

SHO was trying to promote Tapia like Naseem Hamed for a little while even making him a stage where he came out dancing.

But yeah lights out didn't get much of a push, maybe if the show was today the PBC and Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight would have given it a push in the ratings.
                    Or Showtime yea it would work for them also, it was just kind of out of place on FX, it could have worked there but it is much easier for HBO or Showtime because they have that real boxing connections. It would give the fight scenes a real big time feel.

It might even help promote their boxing brand, doing like Arliss and have real fighters and characters pass through even if they aren't the main characters.

Maybe someday they will try something like that, I can dream

Comment

• Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                      Spike TV has boxing on Fridays, TRU Tv has cards on Fridays as well with FS1 so there's that
                      boxing will make its way back to friday nights

Comment

Working...
                      X