Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That MoHawk guy looked like he wasted alot of energy in the first 2 rounds, after that his punches lost alot of pop to them after the second round. And he clearly won, but he almost got knocked down in the 8th round
    Last edited by GodOfWar; 04-30-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Damn Barragan and Reynolds put on a pretty decent show. Both didn't have much of a defense, but they both kept throwing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
        Damn Barragan and Reynolds put on a pretty decent show. Both didn't have much of a defense, but they both kept throwing punches.
        Kevin is my trainer and employer, but I had to run the gym and couldn't make it to the fight, did he look any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
          Kevin is my trainer and employer, but I had to run the gym and couldn't make it to the fight, did he look any good?
          Close fight, could have gone eithe way but both really suck defensively but atleast there not defensive nutt jobs like ishe smith who obviously has no fans with the borefest he always puts on.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfWar View Post
            Close fight, could have gone eithe way but both really suck defensively but atleast there not defensive nutt jobs like ishe smith who obviously has no fans with the borefest he always puts on.
            Good to hear it was a good fight, Kevin can really box but is far too happy to brawl if it comes down to it. He can fight defensively pretty well, I hope he shows that in his next outing.

Comment

This will be the thread that we can all talk in about Friday Night Fights or Wednesday Night Fights, whenever those happen. I find that Im the only one who ends up making a thread for them, and I dislike making multiple threads, so Im just gonna make one and edit it and update it for all the upcoming FNF events.

Tonight Mike Oliver and Reynaldo Lopez are fighting in the main event. Oliver won an IBF Title Eliminator last year, so I imagine he should be getting a title shot if he wins this fight...Reynaldo Lopez came to fight against Ponce De Leon, but eventually he got knocked out in the 5th round. He has also fought Cristian Mijares. Bantamweight, 10 rounds.

On the undercard, Aaron Torres and Antoine Smith are fighting. Torres was on the Contendor, while Smith has a decent record.

Starts at 9 tonight on ESPN2!

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                This will be the thread that we can all talk in about Friday Night Fights or Wednesday Night Fights, whenever those happen. I find that Im the only one who ends up making a thread for them, and I dislike making multiple threads, so Im just gonna make one and edit it and update it for all the upcoming FNF events.

Tonight Mike Oliver and Reynaldo Lopez are fighting in the main event. Oliver won an IBF Title Eliminator last year, so I imagine he should be getting a title shot if he wins this fight...Reynaldo Lopez came to fight against Ponce De Leon, but eventually he got knocked out in the 5th round. He has also fought Cristian Mijares. Bantamweight, 10 rounds.

On the undercard, Aaron Torres and Antoine Smith are fighting. Torres was on the Contendor, while Smith has a decent record.

Starts at 9 tonight on ESPN2!
                I'm excited to see Mike Oliver tonight, but Lopez is way too small to be in there at 122. He's a more natural 115 pounder. It's a nice way to compare Oliver and PDL's performances though.

Comment

Torres quit on a knee from a straight right got up real fast at the 10 count. no heart from torres tonight

Comment

yeah... someone please do a rbr on the oliver fight.
                    i live here in the oak fa noaks up in humboldt co,cali.
                    no tv in the sticks. and cant find no streamin.

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
                      yeah... someone please do a rbr on the oliver fight.
                      i live here in the oak fa noaks up in humboldt co,cali.
                      no tv in the sticks. and cant find no streamin.
                      I guess Ill do it.
                      starts around now.

I dont get it. Oliver deserves a title shot against Moliter...I dont get it. Moliter supposedly defends his title a million times a year...why didnt he give Oliver his shot yet? confusing. good job by this guy for staying busy

Comment

Working...
                      X