Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR Peterson and Despaigne!!! The better Despaigne looks, the better Sillakh's win over him looks.

Comment

• Well at least Baca's got heart. He can take an ass-whippin'!

Comment

• 9 p.m. EDT,
        Lamont Peterson vs Victor Cayo
        Edison Miranda vs Yordanis Despaigne.

A nice Friday Night Fights on paper that I could see turning into a pretty mundane card to watch, really. I previewed Miranda vs Despaigne earlier, and I think that's a 50-50 fight that depends on what Miranda has left and how he hits at 175 pounds. Peterson vs Cayo is a fairly significant fight at 140 in that the winner will be the mandatory challenger to Amir Khan's IBF belt. If it's Peterson, that could happen in December. If it's Cayo, it probably won't.

Comment

• ^ the card has decent names on it, which sadly means a boring night of fights. Peterson's fights are snoozers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
            9 p.m. EDT,
            Lamont Peterson vs Victor Cayo
            Edison Miranda vs Yordanis Despaigne.

A nice Friday Night Fights on paper that I could see turning into a pretty mundane card to watch, really. I previewed Miranda vs Despaigne earlier, and I think that's a 50-50 fight that depends on what Miranda has left and how he hits at 175 pounds. Peterson vs Cayo is a fairly significant fight at 140 in that the winner will be the mandatory challenger to Amir Khan's IBF belt. If it's Peterson, that could happen in December. If it's Cayo, it probably won't.
            Thanks for the rundown mate. I got a lot of information that I otherwise would've missed without your breakdown.

I'd green you again, but I need to spread it around more.

I'll be watching and posting in this thread for the duration of the broadcast. Should be a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
              ^ the card has decent names on it, which sadly means a boring night of fights. Peterson's fights are snoozers.
              Beibut Shumenov vs Danny Santiago is also on tonight on 11:30 on that messican channel with the hot soap drama broads.

Comment

• despaigne miranda didn't happen yet right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                  No, it should be on in about 90 minutes.
                  thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    Beibut Shumenov vs Danny Santiago is also on tonight on 11:30 on that messican channel with the hot soap drama broads.
                    lame ass fight. shumenov should not have a tittle and his "reign" has been a complete joke

now FNF is the SHI T tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      lame ass fight. shumenov should not have a tittle and his "reign" has been a complete joke

now FNF is the SHI T tonight
                      Yea and this week's boxing is CHIT. Only thing happening tommorow is Fedor vs Dan in Strikeforce.

Dissapointing week in boxing. Boxing promoters need to learn to put their shows on Saturdays like this when there isnt any HBO/SHO cards so they can get all the boxing fans watching their fighter. oh well.

Comment

Working...
                      X