The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    Got a stream brah?
    Nah p, I'm going to watch it on the tube, it's on Solo Boxeo tonight. I'll do a quick search to see if I can find something thoguh.

Comment

• Bouncy fighter also have zero steam on their punches so a determined guy can eat them up if they are willing to take the pain, if Solomon had real defense or stayed in proper position it would be one thing but he is wide open and it is so bad it probably can't be fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Easier said than done. These bouncy fighters are constantly changing angles, and distance, setting up shots when u think there on the run, lunging in as soon as you go defensive or back up. It's like trying to catch a fly. You think your close, but your really not.

And than you get stuck like dhop looking for a few shots, and you become so hesitant your always late. Ive boxed and watched boxing my whole life, soloman type fighters can make really good fighters mentally break down in the ring quickly.

He kid of reminds me of Martinez or calzaghe. Everyone underestimates how good they really are until you see them fight top names.

Soloman is the goods.
        I dealt with those guys just as I said. Fought Corey Johnson 4 or 5 times and he was similar in nature and a south paw on top of it. He got 1 of our bouts by decision.

I've been there and know exactly what you are talking about. The slick guys are troublesome but like I said, pressure and aim your shots for their chest while feinting abit to draw them out. Been there done that.

Solomon will not progress very much higher.............Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I dealt with those guys just as I said. Fought Corey Johnson 4 or 5 times and he was similar in nature and a south paw on top of it. He got 1 of our bouts by decision.

I've been there and know exactly what you are talking about. The slick guys are troublesome but like I said, pressure and aim your shots for their chest while feinting abit to draw them out. Been there done that.

Solomon will not progress very much higher.............Rockin'
          I agree with your game plan, I just don't see a bunch of guys good enough at that to pull it off. A really good Mexican style fighter probably gives him trouble.

But I disagree with progressing. I think he cam continue to progress. As far as his understanding of the spot, footspeed, hand speed, and ring generalship, he's got the goods. He could def clean up his game a bit and tighten things up though.

Comment

• I wouldnt mind seeing Soloman vs Soto Karass actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              I wouldnt mind seeing Soloman vs Soto Karass actually.
              Solomon-Jones would be very interesting.

Though I can't get a comment in my freakin thread about it.

Comment

• Erislandy Lara
                vs. Carlos Molina
                (jr middleweight)

anyone know anythign about Molina? is he any good?

Comment

• if yall free streams,hook me up.My internet provider dont have espn 3.com

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    Erislandy Lara
                    vs. Carlos Molina
                    (jr middleweight)

anyone know anythign about Molina? is he any good?
                    They just said Molina hasn't fought in years, I don't like his odds. Might not make out the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                      They just said Molina hasn't fought in years, I don't like his odds. Might not make out the first round.
                      Molina has a draw against Chavez jr.

He's never been KO'd.

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X