Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys like Findley are hard to fight and spar against because they're strong and its hard to break through their guard.

That guy is built to take a punch so I'm pretty sure Guerrero's just gonna win a U.D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      lulz, you gotta break that shi t down.

i like that guerrero is thinking in the ring. i just want to see him do it under fire..

there's a lot of guys at mw id like to see him fight- rodriguez, vera, lemieux, lee, jacobs, njikam

i wouldn't put him in with pirog or golovkin yet...
      i still think he should drop to 154. Less young talent there than 160 and he's a small MW. (althought still no easy task with guys like Lara and Angulo)

I'd like to see him fight the Lee/Macklin winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        lulz, you gotta break that shi t down.

i like that guerrero is thinking in the ring. i just want to see him do it under fire..

there's a lot of guys at mw id like to see him fight- rodriguez, vera, lemieux, lee, jacobs, njikam

i wouldn't put him in with pirog or golovkin yet...
        True indeed. I'd start him off with Lee. Guerrero has been matched nicely on his way up. He put a number on Ishe who has tons of ring experiance, so it's good to see Guerrero learning from the gym work and the rounds he's getting in the ring.

It's good he's getting the rounds in on this fight. But I'd like to see him close the show on this fella.

I dont think he's ready for Jacobs yet. And Vera WILL test his heart. that would be a damn good fight, but I dont think he's quite ready for that yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
          Guys like Findley are hard to fight and spar against because they're strong and its hard to break through their guard.

That guy is built to take a punch so I'm pretty sure Guerrero's just gonna win a U.D.
          Dirrell did it.
          Makes me wonder if Guerrero's punching power is all that.

He is certainly a volume puncher but I don't think he has the big hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            i still think he should drop to 154. Less young talent there than 160 and he's a small MW. (althought still no easy task with guys like Lara and Angulo)

I'd like to see him fight the Lee/Macklin winner.
            if he can. he's a tall guy with a lot of confidence, so he might want to try mw, where I dont sdee him getting past a couple guys. i'm not as impressed as everyone with angula. guerreo can outbox him. so he might kick up a lot more dust at 154

mw is gonna be the best division in boxing over 130 within 2 years.

Comment

• actually Dirrell didnt get a conventional KO, it was mostly due to cuts I think. it was a really nasty one too, if Im remembering correctly.

Comment

• Fight turned into a sparring session around the 5th.

Damn shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  Dirrell did it.
                  Makes me wonder if Guerrero's punching power is all that.

He is certainly a volume puncher but I don't think he has the big hammer.
                  I think he's got good power, but not world class. Maybe a B or B+ level power.

In this fight he doesn't look like he's going for it though. It looks to me like he's just trying to outwork him without wasting too much energy on throwing his hardest shots cuz' he feels Findley is too strong to go down.

I'm speculating though.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    actually Dirrell didnt get a conventional KO, it was mostly due to cuts I think. it was a really nasty one too, if Im remembering correctly.

Dirrell almost had him out early then just beat him around for a while.

I've seen Findley fight quite a bit around here. He's a pretty tough guy but I haven't seen him rocked much tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                      True indeed. I'd start him off with Lee. Guerrero has been matched nicely on his way up. He put a number on Ishe who has tons of ring experiance, so it's good to see Guerrero learning from the gym work and the rounds he's getting in the ring.

It's good he's getting the rounds in on this fight. But I'd like to see him close the show on this fella.

I dont think he's ready for Jacobs yet. And Vera WILL test his heart. that would be a damn good fight, but I dont think he's quite ready for that yet.
                      i'd watch guerrero against ishe OR manfredo.

manfredo v guerrero would sell out the mohegan sun or even atlantic city most likely

Comment

Working...
                      X