No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    That was painful to watch. I honestly felt like crying when he appoligized to his wife and said ''I'm Sorry''. Hopefully he will call it quits and retire now. He is a great legend.
    Same here...

It was just brutal to watch him get knocked out like that.

Very, very sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Same here...

It was just brutal to watch him get knocked out like that.

Very, very sad.
      Yeah stuff like that kind of turns me away from boxing a bit. I wish there was a way that us boxing fans could just have fun watching the sport instead of worrying about a fighter being injured from weight drain or fighting past his prime and suffering damage. I have never felt this sad for a fighter before. Hopefully Byrd will be ok.

Byrd when he was closer to his best.

Comment

• I'm not worried about permanent damage to him (from this bout anyway, he needs to stop fighting though)...

I just felt like it was a really sad way to end the career of a two time heavyweight champion, when he was getting beaten up by a light heavyweight prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          I'm not worried about permanent damage to him (from this bout anyway, he needs to stop fighting though)...

I just felt like it was a really sad way to end the career of a two time heavyweight champion, when he was getting beaten up by a light heavyweight prospect.
          Thats part of the reason why Gerald McClellenn ended up the way he did. In between fights, he would pull himself down from 200+ pounds and his war with Julian Jackson is also another reason, Byrd has taken punches from the biggest hitters at heavyweight. Ike Ibeabuchi, both of the klitschko, Golota MCcline ect and he pulled himself down from about 40 LBS to make the 175 limit. I'm not trying to give you any bad thoughts, but Byrd needs to hang them up now.

Comment

• Tonight Herman Ngoudjo is fighting Souleyman M'Baye at 140lbs. Ngoudjo is known for making close, interesting fights like he did against Castillo, Randall Bailey and Paul Malignaggi. MBaye is coming off that embarressing loss to Gavin Rees, so Im sure he'll want to bouce back. I think I read that the winner was going to get a title shot at the IBF title, but I might be getting mixed up.

On the undercard, Sebestian Demers is fighting Sam Hill in a 8 round fight. Demers is the guy that got brutally knocked out by Arthur Abraham, remember?

Also, Manolis Plaitis is fighting Bakary Sako in a 10 round fight at Welterweight. I know nothing about these guys, but Manolis is undefeated while Sako should NOT be fighting in a 10 round fight based on his record...

Starts at 8:30 tonight on ESPN2!
            Last edited by Steak; 06-06-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• well, its starting, if anyone at all cares haha

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                well, its starting, if anyone at all cares haha
                I care, Im stuck at work. And you need to adhust your sig a little, Aaron Williams, doesn't have that "0" anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by orltroy View Post
                  I care, Im stuck at work. And you need to adhust your sig a little, Aaron Williams, doesn't have that "0" anymore
                  I know about that, forgot that I never changed it. thanks

Comment

• Good action round in the second...

Comment

• Ngoudjo wins the first two rounds. He needs to throw in some of the right hands he nailed Paulie with.

Comment

Working...
                      X