Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd looked like to serious. no humor.
    an ex- millionaire and now he's going threw torturous training.
    wonder how much rust will be there.
    at 147...man. why jmm

Comment

• Oh wow this guy, this guy always fights well under the ESPN lights. Guttierez is a big step up for him though, very interesting.

Comment

• My expectations for Rigondeaux were too high.
        He failed to impress me.
        He's no longer the fighter he was, he lost his super sonic quickness, and agility.

LARA IS THE FUTURE.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I do not agree with Freddy, that Mayweather has problems with people comming after him. Floyd is known for his counter punching, I mean if that is what you hang your hat on you want guys that come after you.
          Floyds hardest fights have been when guys pressure him though. Like Castillo and Augustus.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Very much so, it is funny that such a small island could produce such a wide array of different fighters. Gamboa,Lara and Rigondeux, there is barely anything similar about their fight style, I would not think that the Cuban system would really produce such different guys.

It is kind of amazing.
            I saw a documentary on their amateur system. Boxing is very prestigous in Cuba. They see a million styles and train night and day.

You fight a ton of guys before you are even a teenager, and the best style for you wins. You adapt because you fight a ton of guys to even get a whiff of having the chance to be on the team.

Their amateur system is insane. They have to have a diversity of styles.

The competition and training is absolutely insane and it's a very high honor to be known as a quality boxer.

So like anything else they get creative and inventive to reach a higher level.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelhead View Post
              floyd looked like to serious. no humor.
              an ex- millionaire and now he's going threw torturous training.
              wonder how much rust will be there.
              at 147...man. why jmm
              144 is what I have seen mostly reported, although I have seen those reports also. I think Schaffer said there would be a press conference to settle the matter.

To me this weight controversy is a fabricated story, atleast that is how it looks to me.

Comment

• lol, what is this goofy singing scene?

I love FNFs. theyre so much more creative, and always seem to have so much fun on the set. seriously, these two, and then Brian Kenny is always so enthusaistic too.

awww, that spanish guy got married.

take note, HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  I saw a documentary on their amateur system. Boxing is very prestigous in Cuba. They see a million styles and train night and day.

You fight a ton of guys before you are even a teenager, and the best style for you wins. You adapt because you fight a ton of guys to even get a whiff of having the chance to be on the team.

Their amateur system is insane. They have to have a diversity of styles.

The competition and training is absolutely insane and it's a very high honor to be known as a quality boxer.

So like anything else they get creative and inventive to reach a higher level.
                  Oh yea I know that stuff they are the rock stars of Cuba, they take boxing extra serious.

To me when I think of a communist system I think about trying to make a square peg in a round hole, but with their boxing program they seemed to have perfected it.

Comment

• giutierres and smith serious characters.
                    those gutierrez kidneyshots are hurting me!
                    they'll make you piss blood!

Comment

• Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
                      Floyds hardest fights have been when guys pressure him though. Like Castillo and Augustus.
                      I always thought that was a mistake to focus on one fight that was so long ago (which a lot of people seem to do with the first JLC fight). Those were a long time ago when Floyd was pretty young, he is better now technically.

Comment

Working...
                      X