No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deejd View Post
    But think about what you're saying with Khan, he's legit but he lost to a guy who, by your standards, was unproven and didn't have a notable win up to that point. So what does that say about Khan?

Like I said before, it's tough for Garcia just because there's not a depth of fights to really justify. Morales was way past it and in a weight class he wasn't proven at -- Holt was removed from his best days when he fought Garcia -- and Khan, well... But Matthysse is right there and it's like the Garcia's are trying their hardest to avoid that route.
    Well,Khan was(the book is still out if he still)flawed..The same way Peterson Matt's Garcia Rios etc etc..There really is no stand out right now,which is why WW(WW and Jr)is the best div in boxing..

But make no mistake Garcia made his name mean something when he beat cry baby Khan..That moment in time was big for him..I don't think Garcia should just be toss to the side like that..

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      They make better match-ups than TR, but I think Canelo-Trout was more to do with Canelo wanting it than management. If it was up to them, I don't think they would've made it.
      Shoot, Chavez Jr-Martinez was only because Chavez Jr. wanted it. If it was up to Arum/WBC, they'd never allow it
      Trout is a good fighter but Canelo is going to break him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        He was robbed....
        I know,if the decision don't match the one Russ has..It's a robbery..Get real..

Comment

• Perez is done...good effort though, the fundamentals are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Well,Khan was(the book is still out if he still)flawed..The same way Peterson Matt's Garcia Rios etc etc..There really is no stand out right now,which is why WW(WW and Jr)is the best div in boxing..

But make no mistake Garcia made his name mean something when he beat cry baby Khan..That moment in time was big for him..I don't think Garcia should just be toss to the side like that..
            It was a big win for Garcia because he was seen as very average fighter and was a cherry pick for Khan who was a 6-1 fav after Peterson got busted for steroids

Comment

I know,if the decision don't match the one Russ has..It's a robbery..Get real..
              No, if the judges give the fighter who clearly lost a won, its a robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Perez is done...good effort though, the fundamentals are there.
                Got ....KO'd?

Comment

They make better match-ups than TR, but I think Canelo-Trout was more to do with Canelo wanting it than management. If it was up to them, I don't think they would've made it.
                  Shoot, Chavez Jr-Martinez was only because Chavez Jr. wanted it. If it was up to Arum/WBC, they'd never allow it
                  I don't know about that,Rios vs Pac and Marquez vs Bradley sound like the bigger fights bro..Might even be the better fights...Tr is on Par GBP..

Comment

Got ....KO'd?
                    As wide as he is throwing any minute now.

Comment

Hahaha, I think that's why I jumped on the Garcia express ha! But I know what you mean. Good point about there being so much parody from '40-'47, definitely the best divisions in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X