No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Khan was legit bro,and was KO'd in 4..People like to down play this fact..Peterson did not beat another legit 140lb fighter out side of Khan..Matt's has yet to beat a legit 140lb fighter..Ya see what I'm getting at..
    Matthysse was in with Judah and Alexander, we at least had some criteria to base off of.

Khan wasn't legit, we just have to agree to disagree there. Pete fought Bradley and Ortiz [who I'd have picked to stop Khan at '40 if they'd ever fought].

Is it unfair to Garcia, perhaps. But we saw Chad Dawson go on the senior citizen tour and when he fought Pascal, he waited 'til it was too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      I love it that's the way the garcias want it as we'll he's been overlooked his whole career right now he's getting better and better. Danny hasn't reached his peak yet while these other 140 pounders are who they are.
      I agree with this...

Comment

• Now homeboy is slipping big time, Fortune is heading south big time

Comment

Khan was legit bro,and was KO'd in 4..People like to down play this fact..Peterson did not beat another legit 140lb fighter out side of Khan..Matt's has yet to beat a legit 140lb fighter..Ya see what I'm getting at..
          He beat Judah, Devon and Ajose, who despite being unknown is better then anyone on Garcias resume other then Khan, and people love to down play that.....See where im getting at

Comment

• Fortune getting beat

Both guys look really sloppy

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Fortune getting beat
              Kid looks like Grady Brewer, fights like him too.

Comment

• Matthysse kills Khan in short order. Matthysse and Garcia make a good match but I'd favor Lucas by KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  He beat Judah, Devon and Ajose, who despite being unknown is better then anyone on Garcias resume other then Khan, and people love to down play that.....See where im getting at
                  Matt's lost to Judah and Alexander..Like I said,not one notable victory on his resume..

Comment

• Originally posted by deejd View Post
                    This..... That's the only reason why I'm not fully sold on Garcia. I understand Morales exercised his rematch clause, but we've yet to see him in with a legit '40-pounder.
                    It's not his fault. You had the rematch clause with Morales.

And what people don't understand is that GBP has a long term contract with the Barclay and they have to hit certain ticket sale quotas to keep that contract. That's why the Judah fight is happening in a nutshell.

I think they are trying to build up Matthysse vs. Garcia a little bit more so they can put it there at a later time.

That's the reason Schaefer won't make Maidana vs. Paulie because he doesn't think Maidana can sell tickets at that venue.

Comment

Matt's lost to Judah and Alexander..Like I said,not one notable victory on his resume..
                      But think about what you're saying with Khan, he's legit but he lost to a guy who, by your standards, was unproven and didn't have a notable win up to that point. So what does that say about Khan?

Like I said before, it's tough for Garcia just because there's not a depth of fights to really justify. Morales was way past it and in a weight class he wasn't proven at -- Holt was removed from his best days when he fought Garcia -- and Khan, well... But Matthysse is right there and it's like the Garcia's are trying their hardest to avoid that route.

Comment

Working...
                      X