No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    lol, I didn't want to either...I think the refs that are good at that, unhook arms and small things like that can really keep a fight moving at a good pace. richard steele, for all the ish he got, was really good at that
    Yea, I know exactly what you mean. Well let's hope Molina gets some justice in his career because I think he looked great tonight and not just his boxing but physically, he looked solid. More muscle on him than I can remember.

Lets hope he gets a shot soon.

Comment

• Judges have been on point during the past couple of weeks

Comment

• Wait this Frias guy is a welterweight?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9030&cat=boxer

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Wait this Frias guy is a welterweight?

Got 'im!

Comment

• I agree Molina would win against Canelo, but no way the scorecards will reflect that

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Why? Not every fight has to end in a KO. Molina looked great, schooled him for 10 rounds and I don't know why "boxing fans" don't like watching people box....
              Quit sucking on Molinas balls. Hes nothing special. All he does is faint throw a punch, clinch throw a punch and repeat. Kitkland had him gone with a torn shoulder. healthy Kitkland finishes him. Canelo ends him.

And lol at calling that sweet science. I can watch Mayweather all day (who I hate) stand in the center of the ring and do nothing but show his skill. Molina is a train wreck in there with clinching.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Wait this Frias guy is a welterweight?

Lol..,............

Comment

• Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
                  Quit sucking on Molinas balls. Hes nothing special. All he does is faint throw a punch, clinch throw a punch and repeat. Kitkland had him gone with a torn shoulder. healthy Kitkland finishes him. Canelo ends him.

And lol at calling that sweet science. I can watch Mayweather all day (who I hate) stand in the center of the ring and do nothing but show his skill. Molina is a train wreck in there with clinching.
                  Who's sucking whos **** here? Kirkland isn't anything special at all. he was neutralized, deal with it. Molina gave him angles and feints and he didn't know what to do now everyone will say Kirkland wasn't himself. I'm guessing he wasn't himself every other time he looked like **** too, right?

Was Margarito not himself when Shane put hands on him? Don't give me the bull **** about him not using plaster either, he'd have to at least throw/land punches for that to mean anything - and he didn't.

How about Pavlik when Hopkins fought him, Dawson againnst Pascal, and so fourth and so on. You'd be amazed how effective a clinch is on a fighter who who has to be set before throwing - he's forced to reset.

The Kirkland fight would look exactly the same in a rematch. Styles make fights.

Hate on him all you want, but the fact is the kid was ROBBED against most of peoples favorite fighters. He beat Lara, soundly, they give the highly touted prospect a Draw. He beat Chavez, 1 sided 8 round fight, they give the son of a legend a SD. The Alvarado fight was close, could have gone either way, it goes Mikes way. Then there's the Kirkland ****.

He's likely to beat everyone at 154 with a fair shake regardless of you liking him or not, at least be honest with yourself. lara is light years better than Kirkland in every area, he contained him rather easily. Give Molina his due, he's one of the top in his division.
                  Last edited by intoccabile; 08-18-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Yea, I know exactly what you mean. Well let's hope Molina gets some justice in his career because I think he looked great tonight and not just his boxing but physically, he looked solid. More muscle on him than I can remember.

Lets hope he gets a shot soon.

he's physically built like a club fighter at 154. i think it's got more to do with getting fights than anything else.

club fighters usually dont get the time needed (or they have full time jobs,) to get down to their proper weights

molina has said in interviews that he's a WW. i believe him. his torso has some good sized bones, but i do think he'd easily make for a WW

molina's problem is that he's very easy to discredit to the layman

looka t the record
                    look at the talent. that's what the layman sees. if you want to push a fight on HBO it's hard with a guy like that who has very little appeal to anybody outside of a hardcore boxing audience who can tell that the guy has some skills and that know he's been fighting tough fighters for literally his entire career.

youy see more experience in that 20 - 5 and 2 record than you will in chavez' 40 plus, or canelo's 40 plus

all he really needs to do is start stopping guys. a messy fight is often forgotten by the layman when a stoppage occurs.

i think the guy will eventually command a big fight, or get a big fight out of circumstance. he'll finally get his win, but i dont see him becoming a name on one of the networks. let's get real. the networks know what they are looking for, and king carlos is not it.

he doesnt have the look, style, story, or personality of a star.

Comment

• one thing is clear, king carlos has some very subtle skills.

if he had a concrete chin and a knockout punch he'd be very tough to beat.

his chin is OK. his punch is underrated, but lets be real. he's no puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X