No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan rafeal sucks too!!!!

i have always hated him - and his score card just the same.

he is another idiot.

how is boxing filled with people like this?

i at least like that he said having 2 heavyweight champs is better than having 3 or 4.

i have been saying that for a long time.

Comment

• teddy was as hard on chambers and peters as he was with vitaly a few weeks ago.

chambers has good speed, but he has no power and needs to lose the fat.

Comment

• Tonight, 31 year old Mexican David Lopez is fighting Ossie Duran of Ghana, 10 rounds and 154lbs. Lopez has not lost a fight since 2005, and Duran has a KO win over Jamie Moore and was actually arguably robbed of a win over James Kirkland(well, at least the crowd booed the decision). Mexicans vs Africans turn out to be good fights usually, so it should be a good scrap.

On the undercard, undefeated 22 year old Puerto Rican Hector Sanchez is fighting the tough veteran DeMarcus Corley, 8 rounds and 147lbs. This isnt the same Corley that was able to hurt Cotto and stagger Mayweather, but he still is able to go the distance against hard punchers, and has a chance to upset the young, inexperienced Sanchez.

Starts tonight at 10:30(Eastern) on ESPN2!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          Tonight, 31 year old Mexican David Lopez is fighting Ossie Duran of Ghana, 10 rounds and 154lbs. Lopez has not lost a fight since 2005, and Duran has a KO win over Jamie Moore and was actually arguably robbed of a win over James Kirkland(well, at least the crowd booed the decision). Mexicans vs Africans turn out to be good fights usually, so it should be a good scrap.

On the undercard, undefeated 22 year old Puerto Rican Hector Sanchez is fighting the tough veteran DeMarcus Corley, 8 rounds and 147lbs. This isnt the same Corley that was able to hurt Cotto and stagger Mayweather, but he still is able to go the distance against hard punchers, and has a chance to upset the young, inexperienced Sanchez.

Starts tonight at 10:30(Eastern) on ESPN2!
          stop spraying deoderant on that turd of a card......

even if it turns out to be decent fights, its only by accident.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
            stop spraying deoderant on that turd of a card......

even if it turns out to be decent fights, its only by accident.
            its boxing, I dont see what the problem is. I like to keep an eye out for prospects and Hector Sanchez shows some promise.

and the last time I saw a Mexican and an African fight, it was a foty candidate. these guys aint bums, and it could turn into a slugfest.

Comment

its boxing, I dont see what the problem is. I like to keep an eye out for prospects and Hector Sanchez shows some promise.

and the last time I saw a Mexican and an African fight, it was a foty candidate. these guys aint bums, and it could turn into a slugfest.
              I'm watching cause nothing else is on, and I want to see Allen's and Williams jr's fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
                I'm watching cause nothing else is on, and I want to see Allen's and Williams jr's fights.
                hate to burst your bubble, but they probably wont be showing those. look how late it is already.

...neither of those fights look that impressive, anyway. I would be interested in seeing Williams Jr. tho

Comment

hate to burst your bubble, but they probably wont be showing those. look how late it is already.

...neither of those fights look that impressive, anyway. I would be interested in seeing Williams Jr. tho
                  William's fight might get shown since he is fighting a tomato can, and he might end it quick.

Allen's fight likely won't make it, since its an 8 rounder and he isn't a KO artist.

never know, if the co-main and main events finish quick of of the prospects fights might be the reserve bout.

Comment

• ESPN has it scheduled for a 2 hour block.......

Duran v Lopez is only a 10 rd fight
                    Corley v Sanchez is only 8 rds

We will likely get to see one of he prospects fight

Comment

• NBA is on .

Comment

Working...
                      X