No announcement yet.

Bhops losses to taylor...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bhops losses to taylor...

do you think they hurt him, helped him, or neither.

Hurt, but not much. Only hurt him cuz there's 2 marks in his L column that weren't there before Taylor. Don't diminish his legacy though cuz neither loss was decisive, most people thought he got ****ed both times, and what he did and Taylor didn't do after those fights made Bernard look that much better.

Comment

Helped him, if he wins Saturday. He's had a better run since the Taylor win than he did for the 3 years before the Taylor fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Melly-Mel View Post
        do you think they hurt him, helped him, or neither.
        I think those losses hurt him, and when Taylor lost to Pavlik, it hurt Hopkins even more.

While I'm in this thread, I'll say I thought Jermain won both fights, and Jermain also won the Pavlik rematch by one or maybe two rounds. Shame other people don't score fights like I do, though, they tend to score for the guy throwing the most shots even if they're being blocked.
        Last edited by FRKO; 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hurt him of course but more so proved he isnt really effective on the front foot.

Comment

Hurt him slighty, the two L's and the fact he lost to a guy that got beat twice by the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
              Hurt, but not much. Only hurt him cuz there's 2 marks in his L column that weren't there before Taylor. Don't diminish his legacy though cuz neither loss was decisive, most people thought he got ****ed both times, and what he did and Taylor didn't do after those fights made Bernard look that much better.
              I agree with this post. Good ****.

Comment

Comment

So, in fact close defeats, even to inferior fighters, do not diminish a boxers legacy?

I will remember that in the unlikely event that Hopkins wins on the 19th.
                  ________
                  FORD SIERRA SPECIFICATIONS
                  Last edited by abadger; 03-20-2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Well, hurt him a bit, but if he didn't lose to him he never would have stepped up to Light Heavy and beat Tarver and Winky, which were great accomplishments, so I don't know exactly how his career path would have been effected if he won. I mean, who would he have fought after Taylor at Middle and how long would he have stayed there? Would he have stayed long enough to eventually fight Pavlik? Who knows.

I'd like to think he learned a lot from those losses too.

Comment

Working...
                    X