No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto VS Floyd Mayweather - THE FACTS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
    Maybe if they were playing football or something. Then I'd say Hatton has better footwork than Cotto.

cotto has been hesitant in the past to even say Mayweather's name, when asked about the name floyd mayweather Cotto would say "I just listen to Top Rank." He would never bring it up and tries to beat around the bush a lot. UNTIL rectently when he knew Floyd was retiring.
    LMFAO. Right, it's a big conspiracy. Cotto knew Floyd would retire soon so he started to get more loose with what he said about him...

HAHAHAHAHA...

Comment

Originally posted by KING • View Post
      Cotto > Floyd

Everywhere in the universe...
      Thats funny, because Floyd would be the favorite if the fight were to be made...
      Sorry.

Comment

LMFAO. Right, it's a big conspiracy. Cotto knew Floyd would retire soon so he started to get more loose with what he said about him...

HAHAHAHAHA...
        its not a consipiricy, its exactly what happened.
        Cotto started to open his mouth when he knew Floyd was on his way out.
        How ****** are you???

Comment

Sure he would be the favorite...

But lots of people would win ridiculous money on Cotto after the KO...

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            How ****** are you???
            So Cotto some how KNEW before hand that Floyd was going to retire...

Because Floyds retirement wasn't sudden or anything...

Were there ANY hints leading up to it? If so point them out or link them...

Otherwise I got to call Cotto for the Pick 6 numbers tonight him being psychic and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              How ****** are you???
              Exactly.

So Cotto some how KNEW before hand that Floyd was going to retire...

Because Floyds retirement wasn't sudden or anything...

Were there ANY hints leading up to it? If so point them out or link them...

Otherwise I got to call Cotto for the Pick 6 numbers tonight him being psychic and all...
              No hints? Maybe that at the time he retired a "planned" DLH fight was supposed to be 3 months away, yet NOTHING was signed.

If it was so sudden why was NOBODY surprised? He's been saying it for years. Maybe I should get some Pick 6 numbers too.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
                Exactly.

No hints? Maybe that at the time he retired a "planned" DLH fight was supposed to be 3 months away, yet NOTHING was signed.

If it was so sudden why was NOBODY surprised? He's been saying it for years. Maybe I should get some Pick 6 numbers too.
                but when you just start watching the sport when a young Rican is coming up...you MISS things like the bold in your above statement...forgive her, she has to keep learning..

Comment

Nobody was surprised because of Floyds known bitchassness.

PBCS

Comment

Nobody was surprised because of Floyds known bitchassness.

PBCS
                    So maybe Floyd's "retirement" wasn't so sudden? lol.

Comment

Those who keep saying: "Miguel Cotto is scared"
                      - Miguel Cotto has said, "I can't make him fight me"
                      - Miguel Cotto has said, "I'm not scared of anybody" (That includes Floyd)
                      - Miguel Cotto has said, "When Floyd has the courage to fight me, I will fight him"
                      - Miguel Cotto has said, "I don't need Floyd Mayweather"

Those who keep saying: "Miguel Cotto has a glass chin"
                      - He hasn't been stunned like he was against Corley or Torres since moving up in weight. I like how Cotto being even minorly stunned suddenly taints all his skills, abilities and accomplishments. The Floyd nut huggers reach for anything and try to blow it up to be the biggest flaw in the universe. What fighter has NEVER been stunned? Don't say Floyd because http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YhjgvFR5LA shows different.

Those who are now saying: "Cotto fights off his back foot and runs just as much as Floyd"
                      - Cotto may fight off his back foot but he will actually stand in the center of the ring and trade unlike certain fighters we know who spend the majority of the rounds running like it was a competition to see who could fun further in a confined space. Who has Cotto ever backed away from consistently due to being outmatched or fear of being hit? NOBODY. Cotto is a brawler a smart one at that which is why the "running" he did against Mosley was strategic being that he knew he couldn't close the show as opposed to a full 12 round marathon of back pedaling by Floyd. Cotto's "back pedaling" can be defended due to his lack of fear when it comes to trading with whoever - you can't say much for Mr. Mayweather.

Those who say "Cotto is way too slow to deal with Mayweathers hand speed"
                      - Have you watched any of Miguel Cottos last five fights? With each one he adds a touch of speed and gets a little more loose and less zombie like in his approach when he comes into trade. I'll admit Cotto used to lumber in one foot in front of the other nearly and would try to just smash away at the body putting himself at risk to his clock cleaned but quoth the raven never more I doubt you'll ever see that again. Did you see the way he was putting combinations together and dancing around Alfonso Gomez? Yes it was against Alfonso Gomez which is meaningless but I'm pretty sure if you put that same Cotto from that night in the ring with just about anyone - Floyd included - Cotto would walk away with a victory by UD or KO.

Those of you comparing Cotto to Hatton:
                      - Hatton is 5'6" with a 65" reach.
                      - Cotto is 5'8" with a 67" reach.
                      - Floyd is 5'8" with a 72" reach.

- How some of you honestly say that Cotto would fair just as bad or worse than Hatton did in the ring with Mayweather amazes me. Cotto is much stronger and much faster than Hatton and there two styles are completely different. You would never catch Cotto jumping in trying to land hooks with his hands down and eating a ring post face first. Cotto is much more methodical and smart in his approach. I know he looks like a cave man and the mans English isn't great but that doesn't make him any less intelligent. His ring generalship and ability to force the fight how he wants it along with Mayweathers ability to do the same would make for an explosive match up.

That's all I have to say for now...

Back to work...
                      and you say horus has no life

Comment

Working...
                      X