No announcement yet.

Miranda Seeks Kessler... The Feelings Not Mutual

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miranda Seeks Kessler... The Feelings Not Mutual

Despite offers to hold the bout in a neutral location and significant offers from both HBO and Showtime for the television rights to the bout, handlers of Mikkel Kessler have walked away from a lucrative showdown with the feared ‘Pantera’, Edison Miranda. “Viking Warrior?” asked Miranda, referring to the former super middleweight champion’s nickname. “Kessler should turn his horned helmet in after disgracing such a tribe of true fighters. He talks like a fighter, has tattoos like he’s a tough guy, but when it comes down to being a real fighter, he’s not even worthy of carrying my gloves.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The fight between Miranda and Kessler was originally pitched for the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida, but that location was turned down. Seminole Warriors Boxing, Miranda’s promoter, immediately acquiesced and offered a neutral location for the bout – again, Kessler refused. Even extreme interest from HBO and Showtime couldn’t convince the Denmark native to fight the Colombian standout, even though a win over Miranda would help erase the memory of his decisive loss to Joe Calzaghe last November. “I have a message for Mikkel Kessler, or Kessler the Kitten as I call him after he gave away his belts without a fight last year," said Miranda. "Joe Calzaghe is not going to fight you again. What more does he have to prove after he slapped you around for 12 rounds? The only way you’re going to erase that loss from the fans' memories is if you beat a legitimate fighter like me, but you know you can’t beat me, that’s why you won’t take this fight. So my advice to you is to retire and leave the fighting to the men. I challenge any of the so called top super middleweight contenders to step up and fight Pantera, but I doubt any of you have the guts."

And I thought Kessler was some badass that would fight anyone.

Damn, this would have been a great fight.

Comment

wow.. looks like miranda really wants that fight.. i like him but i think kessler would give him a boxing lesson.. Any reason why he turned it down??

Comment

if this is true i have lost respect for kessler. i thought he was a true warrior after he went to calzaghes hometown to fight him.

Comment

Damn I wonder why Kessler won't take the fight. I mean unless he want's an easier fight, but Miranda is a guy if he beat he would get some big fights after that. Even though Miranda has tremendous power he's still raw and somebody Kessler could outbox with his superb skills.

Comment

Unless there's a bigger on the horizon, I don't see why Kessler would refuse.
            Last edited by Silencers; 03-06-2008, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Seriously? He wasn't afraid to fight Calzaghe, but he's afraid of Miranda? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

I think it's because I have heard he is Fighting Taylor next.... If I have to chose.. I would say Taylor is the better option.. and The bigger challenge..

Comment

If he can't get Taylor or Bute, this makes no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                    I think it's because I have heard he is Fighting Taylor next.... If I have to chose.. I would say Taylor is the better option.. and The bigger challenge..
                    I really dont think Dibella is going to throw JT into another tough fight right away.

Comment

Working...
                    X