No announcement yet.

Povetkin Training Hard For Chambers Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are both very good.

Povetkin is one of my favorite heavyweights, but I'm impressed with Chambers quick reflexes and fast handspeed. This should be a dandy fight - maybe the best heavyweight fight since Brewster vs. Lyakhovich!

Comment

How is that? lol.

Oh and Chambers is going to get his ass handed to him.
      The thing about Povetkin is that he turned pro too late, Povetkin is suppose to be in his prime right now. If he turned pro at age 22 or 23, he would be a lot better fighter then he is now. He really isn't nothing extraordinary, I've seen more talented and skilled heavyweights before. He's not the next best thing in the heavyweight division as some of you guys make him out to be.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 01-09-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney5 View Post
        They are both very good.

Povetkin is one of my favorite heavyweights, but I'm impressed with Chambers quick reflexes and fast handspeed. This should be a dandy fight - maybe the best heavyweight fight since Brewster vs. Lyakhovich!
        I doubt there will fireworks like that but it should be an interesting battle.

Comment

i really like povetkin i think he will rule the heavyweights till a young wave of good fighters come through. Povetkin will prob stop Chambers in the later rounds and if i knew the banter with the betting i would bet alot on

Comment

Originally posted by Solntse View Post
            Nothing extraordinary?????
            Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post

How is that? lol.

Oh and Chambers is going to get his ass handed to him.
            I'm not saying that he is a bad fighter. Not at all. But here are the major flaws that I see in him:
            1. His defense, although it's gotten better in the last 2 fights, is still poor. He is hit easily, especially from the distance.
            2. When he is coming on the inside, he is not moving enough and gets caught every time. First good boxer who has enough power (read Wlad), will catch him coming in and test his chin. Byrd, when he opened up a little bit, landed pretty much anything he threw, although it had little effect because Byrd has no power in his shots.
            3. He's got too much fat on him, he needs to work on his conditioning and watch his weight.

Comment

I think he is extaordinary considering he only has 14 pro fights and is in the position he is in. Give him 10 more pro fights before putting him in to get slaughtered against Wladdy, assuming he beats Chambers, and you may see the next best thing. He is still too raw to fight Wlad but he is being givin the opportunity, he might as well take it...
              Last edited by TheFairPole; 01-09-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Yea I really don't see "Fast" Eddie coming out victorious in this bout. Povetkin won't get passed Wlad though.

Comment

This should be a pretty good bout, I see the stronger volume puncher Povetkin eventually overwhelming Chambers and pummeling him into submission in the later rounds. Povetkin by late TKO.

Anybody wanna bet points???

Comment

Working...
                  X