Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Mayweather Win Would You be Most Impressed By?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe a cotto win would be very very impressive for floyd.
    soon.....

Comment

seriously tho, Williams for me, just his style and work rate could be a nightmare for him.

Comment

Originally posted by majestiC View Post
        seriously tho, Williams for me, just his style and work rate could be a nightmare for him.
        I personally think he is too sloppy for Mayweather, Mayweather woud land some very clean shots on Williams...

Comment

Originally posted by Winkyftw! View Post
          I personally think he is too sloppy for Mayweather, Mayweather woud land some very clean shots on Williams...
          i was kinda thinking the same, could end up like Corrales vs Mayweather, dunno Williams should be at super-middleweight its crazy how he makes the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by majestiC View Post
            i was kinda thinking the same, could end up like Corrales vs Mayweather, dunno Williams should be at super-middleweight its crazy how he makes the weight.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, but the onyl difference is that Williams is much faster p4p then corrales was...

I think it would be a Ud for mayweather, based on accuracy and clean punching. Williams would throw A TON of punches, but would he be able to land enough of them to win 6 rounds... And would he be able continue throwing a ****load of punches through a barage of mayweathers clean shots.

I just don't see Williams giving Mayweather the type of trouble that people seem to expect him too.

Comment

sugar shane mosley

Comment

Thats exactly what i was thinking, but the onyl difference is that Williams is much faster p4p then corrales was...

I think it would be a Ud for mayweather, based on accuracy and clean punching. Williams would throw A TON of punches, but would he be able to land enough of them to win 6 rounds... And would he be able continue throwing a ****load of punches through a barage of mayweathers clean shots.

I just don't see Williams giving Mayweather the type of trouble that people seem to expect him too.
                It doesn't matter if he lands that many, having jabs being thrown at your face when the other person has a big reach advantage is going to cause you to turtle backwards. I don't think Mayweather could even rock Paul Williams, he's not that great of a body puncher. The fight would cause Mayweather to change his style and adapt, he can't just move forward throw one punch and just dance his way back out, he'll get hit twice even if Mayweather gets out of his own range. I didn't pay to watch DLH/PBF, but I'd pay to see Williams/PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Ladd View Post
                  It doesn't matter if he lands that many, having jabs being thrown at your face when the other person has a big reach advantage is going to cause you to turtle backwards. I don't think Mayweather could even rock Paul Williams, he's not that great of a body puncher. The fight would cause Mayweather to change his style and adapt, he can't just move forward throw one punch and just dance his way back out, he'll get hit twice even if Mayweather gets out of his own range. I didn't pay to watch DLH/PBF, but I'd pay to see Williams/PBF.

1:
                  It does matter if he lands that many, thats how you win rounds...

2:I see Mayweather countering over the jab with a right hand all day long. Williams leaves himself wide open to Maywathers left hook when he throws his punches.

3: Mayweather does something beautiful against tall lanky fighters: He throws his jab right to the pit of his opponents body. This does two things, it makes te taller fighter bend over, and it sets him up for the left hook. After getting jabbed to the body over and over, it opens you up for a feint, or you jsut drop your right hand instinctivly, both leaving you wide open for his laser left hook. He's also an underrated body puncher, when he needs to, he can do some work downstairs ( watch the Judah fight...).

4: I think if there is one quality that makes Mayweather the number one p4p fighter, it's his ability to adabt his style. He's shown this time and time again since he was a young fighter. If there is one thing Mayweather can do great, it's his ability to adabt his fighting style.

I do agree it would be a fun fight to watch, I just think Mayweather would win quite easily.

Comment

1:
                    It does matter if he lands that many, thats how you win rounds...

2:I see Mayweather countering over the jab with a right hand all day long. Williams leaves himself wide open to Maywathers left hook when he throws his punches.

3: Mayweather does something beautiful against tall lanky fighters: He throws his jab right to the pit of his opponents body. This does two things, it makes te taller fighter bend over, and it sets him up for the left hook. After getting jabbed to the body over and over, it opens you up for a feint, or you jsut drop your right hand instinctivly, both leaving you wide open for his laser left hook. He's also an underrated body puncher, when he needs to, he can do some work downstairs ( watch the Judah fight...).

4: I think if there is one quality that makes Mayweather the number one p4p fighter, it's his ability to adabt his style. He's shown this time and time again since he was a young fighter. If there is one thing Mayweather can do great, it's his ability to adabt his fighting style.

I do agree it would be a fun fight to watch, I just think Mayweather would win quite easily.
                    You scanned through my last post, I shouldn't have to repeat myself and I won't, so re-read it and read this one carefully. Work rate matters more than you think.

I'd like for you to name one single fighter who Floyd has faced who was over 6'00" and a formidable opposition. Floyd has only fought the smaller of 147. Floyd can't just take this fight one punch at a time he'll get hit coming inside and hit again once moving back out, Floyd would have to do a little brawling.

Comment

Working...
                    X