No announcement yet.

Why did Duran quit against Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Finlayson View Post
    I don't feel it tarnished his legacy with boxing fans. He's ranked higher than Leonard on every all-time p4p list I've ever seen. It's understood that he beat Leonard when it counted, but the American press did have to play up the second fight because Leonard was our crossover star. Boxing writers have been very forgiving of both the 'no mas' and the Hearns knockout.
    agreed

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
      You're right.
      I'm sorry for my comments.
      He was just frustrated.
      He's not a coward.
      Any man who puts his life on the line for a living is not a coward.
      I apologize.
      Have some karma.
      you made a good decision! it would be even better if you could send me some karma :P
      jk

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
        hey jack have you been in the ring. Its so easy for the peanut gallery to point fingers and cry coward etc until you are getting your head beat in and you think you are dying of asphyxiation. (spelling)
        preach on bro.......tellem how it is

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
          It was also due to the short time between the 1st and 2nd fight. Duran was notorious for his bad conditioning and lifestyle between fights. Duran being the smaller fighter also took a lot of damage in the first fight, more so than Leonard. Similar to the Ali vs Frazier I where Frazier clearly won but took more physical damage.

This all lead to a less than optimal Duran. Leonard has also stated that the timing of the 2nd fight was a strategic choice.
          this guy knows his ****.....this is true

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
            You're right.
            I'm sorry for my comments.
            He was just frustrated.
            He's not a coward.
            Any man who puts his life on the line for a living is not a coward.
            I apologize.
            Have some karma.
            way to go bro much props to you it takes a bigger man to admit he is wrong

Comment

he got tired of being humiliated.

Comment

I heard he ate some bad Carnitas prior to the bout.

Comment

excuses are for asseholes, Leonard beat that azz so bad in th rematch, the man said "no more!" Enough said you ****ing Duran apologists!!!!!! Alll the excuses are just making him look and sound like a bigger ***** man, did SRL give excuses as weak as he was food poisoned, etc, etc...??? Take a long look in the mirror Duran fans, he beat Ray, then once Ray prepped for him, the rematch was a massacre for you limited fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! The excuses just make Duran look more and more like the quitter ***** we all know he is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterODisaster View Post
                    excuses are for asseholes, Leonard beat that azz so bad in th rematch, the man said "no more!" Enough said you ****ing Duran apologists!!!!!! Alll the excuses are just making him look and sound like a bigger ***** man, did SRL give excuses as weak as he was food poisoned, etc, etc...??? Take a long look in the mirror Duran fans, he beat Ray, then once Ray prepped for him, the rematch was a massacre for you limited fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! The excuses just make Duran look more and more like the quitter ***** we all know he is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your obviously and idiot if you think Duran was limited.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterODisaster View Post
                      YOU MUST SMOKE CRACK TO BE CALLING DURAN A *****...........AND THE REMATCH WAS BULL**** NOT A MASSACARE DURAN DIDNT EVEN REALLY PREPARE FOR THIS FIGHT LIKE HE SHOULD OF BECAUSE LEONARD CAUGHT HIM OFF GUARD ON PURPOSE....HE KNEW DURAN WAS A PARTY ANIMAL ON HIS OFF TIME AND DURAN BEING A FIGHTER COULD NOT SAY NO............SO STFU YOU PEICE OF **** HATER...........THE MAN CONQUERED MORE IN HIS LIFE THAN YOU COULD EVER DREAM OF.....AND THATS REAL ...........................***** SO GO SUCK A DICK AND HATE ON SOMEONE ELSE *****

Comment

Working...
                      X