Are You a Winky Wright Fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Who enjoys watching Winky fights?
    I don't know why people think he is so boring......he does'nt run like Floyd and the reason his defense is better than Floyds is because he blocks the punches instead of using his movement and legs which we all know go as you get older......we'll see how much Floyd is getting hit if he is still fighting at Winkys age and it won't be pretty......Boy.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
      I don't know why people think he is so boring......he does'nt run like Floyd and the reason his defense is better than Floyds is because he blocks the punches instead of using his movement and legs which we all know go as you get older......we'll see how much Floyd is getting hit if he is still fighting at Winkys age and it won't be pretty......Boy.

Good post man, the key to Winkys success and why he does/will have a long career is because of his style..He doesnt rely on this old legs instead uses his long arms to block the shots...Winky is the man and took a negative and made a positive out of it..Love watching guys like that...Plus it doesn't hurt that he takes on anyone anywhere anytime...

Comment

Kinda funny that the some of the same people that dislike Mayweather for being a cautious, defensive, and sometimes boring fighter like Winky even though he's a cautious, defensive, and sometimes boring fighter...
        Hehe...I was thinking the same thing. Of course it is because Winky will fight anybody, right?

I like Wright, and I am REALLY looking forward to the Hopkins vs Wright fight in July. Two defensive masterminds and counter punchers going at it. Anything can happen.

Comment

I wouldn't call myself a Winky fan but I have respect for him and I think hes a cool dude. I have no problem with him, I just don't like watching him box too much, but hes a good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RAESAAD View Post
            ^lol
            Winky is a very good fighter, its so tough to land a clean punch on him. When he goes into that shell hes tough, plus hes got a good jab. Hops is going to have a tough night...

Comment

His simplistic style just cracks me up..I love to see how fighters struggle to get pass it..Taylor did a great job with the straight power shots but no other fighter will have that stam. to do that..

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                ^lol
                Winky is a very good fighter, its so tough to land a clean punch on him. When he goes into that shell hes tough, plus hes got a good jab. Hops is going to have a tough night...
                If any man can beat Winky its Hopkins..He has patience and wont fall into Winkys style of luring a fighter in..Hopkins is the type of fighter that if you wont come to him he will stand in the corner until you do....Hopkins is a bad matchup for Winky...Because Hopkins is so defensive minded and patient Winky will have to be the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx View Post
                  If any man can beat Winky its Hopkins..He has patience and wont fall into Winkys style of luring a fighter in..Hopkins is the type of fighter that if you wont come to him he will stand in the corner until you do....Hopkins is a bad matchup for Winky...Because Hopkins is so defensive minded and patient Winky will have to be the aggressor.
                  Hopkins is tailor made for Winky. You have to have great stamina and throw a lot of punches to beat Winky. No way the old man will be able to match Winky's activity...

Comment

Hopkins is tailor made for Winky. You have to have great stamina and throw a lot of punches to beat Winky. No way the old man will be able to match Winky's activity...

Hopkins and stamina go together...Hopkins is one of the few fighters that dont tire....I dont see Hopkins being the aggressor he wont have to and is usually isnt...Hopkins will frustrate Wright and he will have to come to him...If not its going to be the most boring fighter ever which some already believe it will be. But I seriously dont see Hopkins being the aggressor and being the kryptonite to Winky's defensive cage.

Winky relies heavily on people being aggressive and throwing punches to get tired in the late rounds. Hopkins doesnt do that and wont against Winky. Hopkins is resourceful in his punches...

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx View Post
                      Hopkins and stamina go together...Hopkins is one of the few fighters that dont tire....I dont see Hopkins being the aggressor he wont have to and is usually isnt...Hopkins will frustrate Wright and he will have to come to him...If not its going to be the most boring fighter ever which some already believe it will be. But I seriously dont see Hopkins being the aggressor and being the kryptonite to Winky's defensive cage.

Winky relies heavily on people being aggressive and throwing punches to get tired in the late rounds. Hopkins doesnt do that and wont against Winky. Hopkins is resourceful in his punches...
                      Hopkins doesn't tire because he barely throws any punches...

Comment

Working...
                      X