Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $iN View Post
    Take away all the guys that weren't in their prime. What's the best win there? Quartey?
    Which ones would you claim werent in their prime

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
      Which ones would you claim werent in their prime
      From the fighters you listed, I'd say Chavez, Gatti, Vargas, and Whitaker weren't in their prime.

As for the DLH-Trinidad fight, I scored it for Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dionyseus View Post
        From the fighters you listed, I'd say Chavez, Gatti, Vargas, and Whitaker weren't in their prime.

As for the DLH-Trinidad fight, I scored it for Trinidad.
        Chavez & Vargas only had 1 loss at the time Oscar beat them. Gatti forget i even put him in this list, people believe hes good so i just put him their cause people believe hes a good figher. Gatti is a terrible figher(lost to c-fighters like I.Robinson, A Manfredy, M.Ward, ) Gatti was still in his supposed prime at the time Oscar beat him in 5 one sided rounds. Whitaker never really did fade away. He always remained an excellent boxer.

Comment

Chavez & Vargas only had 1 loss at the time Oscar beat them. Gatti forget i even put him in this list, people believe hes good so i just put him their cause people believe hes a good figher. Gatti is a terrible figher(lost to c-fighters like I.Robinson, A Manfredy, M.Ward, ) Gatti was still in his supposed prime at the time Oscar beat him in 5 one sided rounds. Whitaker never really did fade away. He always remained an excellent boxer.
          Chavez got a lot of gift decisions. For example see Chavez's fight with Whitaker, one of the biggest robberies ever.

As for Vargas, Vargas was never the same after Trinidad destroyed him.

Comment

Wins and losses have nothing to do with whether a fighter is in his prime or not...

Comment

why create thread titled "Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy" when the sole purpose is to refute every opinion that states "no, he already solidified it"?

Comment

Originally posted by jswa17 View Post
                why create thread titled "Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy" when the sole purpose is to refute every opinion that states "no, he already solidified it"?
                Because they're obviously incorrect...

I've asked plenty of times what DLH's best WIN is and not a single person has answered it...

Comment

Oscar has had a fantastic career. He was in with all the greats of his era. Even when he lost, it was always close and sometimes controversial. The only fight he's lost that wasn't close was against Hopkins, because Hopkins was just too big for him.

I suppose it all depends on how you think of his fights against Trinidad and Mosley. I'm not obsessed with the win/loss columns, like some people. I think he deserved the win in both Trinidad and Mosley 2, and didn't deserve the win against Sturm. I judge his career as I see it, not as a bunch of numbers on paper.

He's had a fantastic career and a win against Mayweather would only elevate his legacy. If he lost, I don't think it would detract from him.

Comment

No, a respectable showing will suffice.

Comment

This thread had a lot of well thought out answers. I especially agreed with Tuggers1986, Scottie2Hottie & ThaGreatest...
                      Oscar was never one of my favorites, but his credentials are impressive. His resume is replete with a who's who of our generation. His legacy is intact. A win will only solidify and add to it. Think Bernard Hopkins beating Tarver when he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X