No announcement yet.

Who is YOUR #1 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mECHsLAVE View Post
    Wright, Taylor and Pac's level of competition over their past 4-5 fights is just light years beyond Mayweather's. If Mayweather is #1, then he's hanging onto it by the skin of his teeth. Maybe by default, simply because of the draw between Wright and Taylor. The winner of that fight would've clearly been p4p #1.

Mayweather's biggest problem is that, yeah yeah, he fought a bunch of good guys years ago at 130 and 135, but the best fighter he faced he went 1-1 with (JLC) in the opinion of most, then he did not face the biggest challenge at 140 (Hatton) and now he didn't face either of the biggest challenges at 147 (Margarito, Cotto) and he's chasing DLH for cash at 154, and it's a legit challenge. But it's beginning to seem more hype and setup (ala DLH-Hopkins) than a real challenge. We'll see. Moving up in weight was always inevitable for Mayweather with the frame he has, but he's been cherry-picking his fights over the past couple of years while moving up, not fighting who everyone wants him to fight, not fighting the guys who people think might have a chance to beat him. That's why he gets criticized. If he loses to DLH, then his career over the past 4 years is going to REALLY be examined closely. If he wins impressively, and it doesn't look fishy, then all will be forgiven and he will have #1, at least until July.

But if Wright wins impressively over Hopkins, then he has a claim. If Calzaghe can beat Kessler and-or Wright/Taylor this year, then he will have a claim. Pac already has a claim, really. We'll see.
    last 4 or 5 fights?

like i said wright definitely has a point, m

taylor? definitely not, especially since you mention how mayweather is 1-1 against castillo "in the eyes of many". Taylor is 0-3 "in the eyes of many" against hopkins and taylor (1-1-1 in mine, 2-0-1 according to records)

pac's last 5 fights

solis - unbeaten, unknown, untested
    morales - shot, coming off a loss and a KO loss to pacman.
    larios - good (at 122) coming off a KO loss (at 122...)
    morales - veeeeery good, but shot, and coming off a loss
    vazquez - not bad

mayw's last 5 fights
    baldomir - not bad, didnt lose a fight in 8 years and was THE champ at 147 when mayw. fought him
    judah - good, but he had just lost to baldomir
    mitchell - shot
    gatti - not bad
    bruseles - bad

I dont see a great difference, everyone makes it sound like fighting morales was a big thing, but morales managed to beat only one man in 3 years: pacman.
    mayweather's next fight is definitely more dangerous than anything pac has faced since JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I have Rafael Marquez above Winky.
      oh yes

marquez is very much p4p material

I dont know above winky, but to me he is in the mix. I dont care if he is small: p4p is about that: forget weight!

in fact... if rafa was hbo and pac & pbf were showtime, he might be number one.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        last 4 or 5 fights?

like i said wright definitely has a point, m

taylor? definitely not, especially since you mention how mayweather is 1-1 against castillo "in the eyes of many". Taylor is 0-3 "in the eyes of many" against hopkins and taylor (1-1-1 in mine, 2-0-1 according to records)

pac's last 5 fights

solis - unbeaten, unknown, untested
        morales - shot, coming off a loss and a KO loss to pacman.
        larios - good (at 122) coming off a KO loss (at 122...)
        morales - veeeeery good, but shot, and coming off a loss
        vazquez - not bad

mayw's last 5 fights
        baldomir - not bad, didnt lose a fight in 8 years and was THE champ at 147 when mayw. fought him
        judah - good, but he had just lost to baldomir
        mitchell - shot
        gatti - not bad
        bruseles - bad

I dont see a great difference, everyone makes it sound like fighting morales was a big thing, but morales managed to beat only one man in 3 years: pacman.
        mayweather's next fight is definitely more dangerous than anything pac has faced since JMM.
        That 5th fight for Manny should be Velasquez, not Vaquez. That guy was a nobody too. Like I said, the only win he has that you can't take anything away from is MAB...

Comment

Floyd... Can't stand the guy, but you have to be blind to vote otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            That 5th fight for Manny should be Velasquez, not Vaquez. That guy was a nobody too. Like I said, the only win he has that you can't take anything away from is MAB...
            right I dont know why i wrote vazquez,

he is not a total nobody, more of a stepping stone type i guess.

Comment

Pacquiao is the best p4p

Mayweather is an incomplete fighter, he has speed and skills but he lacks aggression and power. Pacquiao is a complete boxer - he has speed, skills, power, and aggressiveness.

He's also much more entertaining to watch because he doesn't run like Mayweather - Manny's not afraid to take a punch.

Comment

I have mayweather at #1. If he will lose this May 5. Pac will replace him.

Comment

winky has good skills, but if your talkin about who beat who then you have to remeber, Wright, who is in most ppls top 5 p4p couldnt beat Taylor and Taylor is no world beater, he beat hopkins twice and both were close fights, now Floyd on the other had, has never been beat, has moved from 130 to 154 for titles and money, prob mostly money, but everyone does things for money, floyd hands down is the best pound for pound fighter, pacman cant touch him in that, but pac is very exciting and people like fighters like him, he's like a little gatti and people love they type of fighters, people hate the flash brash life styles of fighters like floyd mayweather, the way i see it tho, he talks alot of **** but he backs it all up

Comment

Mayweather is an incomplete fighter, he has speed and skills but he lacks aggression and power. Pacquiao is a complete boxer - he has speed, skills, power, and aggressiveness.
                    He's also much more entertaining to watch because he doesn't run like Mayweather - Manny's not afraid to take a punch.

Aggression and power doesnt make you a complete BOXER, the skills make you a complete boxer,if fans like it or not, floyd is unbeaten, and he has the best skills in the sport, which is why he is the ring p4p champ

Comment

Originally posted by Tysonisgod View Post

Aggression and power doesnt make you a complete BOXER, the skills make you a complete boxer,if fans like it or not, floyd is unbeaten, and he has the best skills in the sport, which is why he is the ring p4p champ
                      exactly. Even though Manny may be more aggressive and have more power, Mayweather still has the better all around skills. There's a lot more to the sport than aggression and power. Manny fights to his strengths and Floyd fights to his.

Comment

Working...
                      X