• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
    Didnt Pacman Fight Morales off a loss?

Yep, you talk smack.

Shhhh The grown ups are talking.
    be more precise, my friend: he never fought morales coming off a victory,
    he just lost to MAB before the first fight (which pacman lost... in p4p fashion i guess)
    he just lost to raheem before the second fight
    he just lost to pac before the third fight

In fact, after beating famoso, Morales managed to beat only 1 fighter: PacMan.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
      Didnt Pacman Fight Morales off a loss?

Yep, you talk smack.

Shhhh The grown ups are talking.

lol you owned that guy!

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        be more precise, my friend: he never fought morales coming off a victory,
        he just lost to MAB before the first fight (which pacman lost... in p4p fashion i guess)
        he just lost to raheem before the second fight
        he just lost to pac before the third fight

In fact, after beating famoso, Morales managed to beat only 1 fighter: PacMan.
        Thank you for clarifying that sir, now lets us continue to dispose of these Mayweather haters.

lol

Comment

Wright, Taylor and Pac's level of competition over their past 4-5 fights is just light years beyond Mayweather's. If Mayweather is #1, then he's hanging onto it by the skin of his teeth. Maybe by default, simply because of the draw between Wright and Taylor. The winner of that fight would've clearly been p4p #1.

Mayweather's biggest problem is that, yeah yeah, he fought a bunch of good guys years ago at 130 and 135, but the best fighter he faced he went 1-1 with (JLC) in the opinion of most, then he did not face the biggest challenge at 140 (Hatton) and now he didn't face either of the biggest challenges at 147 (Margarito, Cotto) and he's chasing DLH for cash at 154, and it's a legit challenge. But it's beginning to seem more hype and setup (ala DLH-Hopkins) than a real challenge. We'll see. Moving up in weight was always inevitable for Mayweather with the frame he has, but he's been cherry-picking his fights over the past couple of years while moving up, not fighting who everyone wants him to fight, not fighting the guys who people think might have a chance to beat him. That's why he gets criticized. If he loses to DLH, then his career over the past 4 years is going to REALLY be examined closely. If he wins impressively, and it doesn't look fishy, then all will be forgiven and he will have #1, at least until July.

But if Wright wins impressively over Hopkins, then he has a claim. If Calzaghe can beat Kessler and-or Wright/Taylor this year, then he will have a claim. Pac already has a claim, really. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
            Manny gets it in my view because his victories were more emphatic, and against better competition LATELY.

I don't give a damn if anyone thinks I know nothing about boxing. I sleep good at night either way.
            you are definitely one who falls in the cathegory "I am surprised to find this name here"

I still think you must be out of your mind.

Comment

I have Rafael Marquez above Winky.

Comment

Still Floyd Mayweather, no matter how much I want Manny to leapfrog him.

Comment

I like Mayweather more now than ever, I will say that. I am starting to understand him more as a person. He's still silly, but he has some personal issues from his past that have affected him.

I hope he will overcome them and learn to act accordingly at some point. Overall his resume is solid, but just not lately (compared to his days at 130-135).

Comment

Originally posted by Joartcc3 View Post
                    I have as my p4p someone who is not a duck and a coward.

So that would be anyone except PBF.

And, just to remind you. If you're base it on skill. SKILL IS TESTED AGAINST TOP OPPOSITION AND NOT AGAINST NOOBS. So we will go back to the question "What's your resume?".
                    me big margarito fan, i don't think floyd ducked maragrito.

you need to learn how boxing works. pac should be in top 5, floyd, wright, tyalor, pac, hopkins, mab, castillo, calzaghe, rafa, hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Kaynan View Post
                      I would never say somebody didn't know **** about boxing. But come on. How come Pacquiao gets treated so kindly when being examined for career accomplishments? Let me tell you: Because of his entertaining style.

If Floyd had outboxed these guys, I promise you that there would be a flood of comments regarding how they weren't in their primes. Though you could say Marquez was in his prime- and we know what happened there. He was beaten decisively by Morales in their first fight, and he beat him twice more when he obviously (and we all know it wasn't the real Morales) wasn't the same.

We magnify Floyd's every flaw, yet he's much more sound than Pacquiao, and Pacquiao is much more beatable. Plus, Floyd has done nothing to lose his top spot. Roy lost his when he was knocked out, not when another fighter had been fighting (in your opinion) better opposition. I'm saying this as a guy who admires Floyd's skill but isn't neccesarily a big fan. I like Pacquiao as well. But lets be real.

Comment

Working...
                      X