Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of Calzaghe-Manfredo again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the point to calzaghe-manfredo was to line frank warrnes pockets as well as joes, but also to get calzaghe another easy win.

seriously, in order for calzaghe to be truely respected by a world wide audience he needs to fight Named fighters who are on a world class level, plain and simple.

dude if Hopkins, talyor, wright, and anyone else can get big names why can't joe?

and why the fixation of selling out an arena as opposed to selling as much PPV as possible where you have a much larger, broader audience????

Comment

I can't wait for Joe's next fight...a rematch with Manfredo!!...he will probaly come out and say its what the public wants.
      The bad thing is,he will put 35,000 fools in that stadium again.

Comment

i think $in secretly loves Calzaghe....he's gone to so much trouble to put together that little graphic in his avatar...all his posts seem to be about Joe Calzaghe....i think he's disguising his love for him with low level hostility.

I would start calling it an obsession....quite funny at first....but now its becoming a bit bizzare

Comment

Originally posted by The Wire View Post
          I think it's a real shame what's happened with Joe's career. He really could have been one of the greats, he's got it all. Incredible hand speed, great chin, good combination puncher, southpaw...and yet he's achieved relatively little. When he's done will he be remembered in the same breath as the Haglers, Monzons etc of this world? Of course he won't. Will he even be remembered in the same breath as the Hopkins and Wright's of this world? Unfortunately not. And that is down to his promoter. Frank Warren will not get the best fights for his fighters because he is all about the money.

Calzaghe could and should have been an ATG. It's a real tragedy that that won't happen.
          its so true.
          Great skills, an all around fighter.

Comment

For people in America to recognise him as an all time great he would have had to move up to heavyweight and beat tyson.

Comment

He fought Bika as a warm up for a BH fight.
              He fought Manfredo to promote himself for a BH fight.
              And now they talk about fighting Inkin to get the right timing for a BH fight.

Obsession?

****ty use of his last years IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X