Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point of Urango-Hatton again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
    Ok, fair enough please tell us what note worthy fighter that was not 34years old or older that Hatton beat?
    Who gives a **** if tszyu was 34 years old? he may have been out for a while but his comeback against mitchell showed that he still had his ability. All you have to do is look at b-hop to know that a fighter's age doesn't always matter.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
      What makes Americans love Gatti but hate Hatton?????

Let's not forget Hatton is the only British boxer to receive the Ring fighter of the year award.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
        and dont start talking about things being dumb down for americans when hatton comes from a country where CRAZY FROG can be a number 1 hit song
        remind me how the hamster song did in the american charts lol

Comment

all that holding is too much for american audiences.
          But it's OK if Bernard Hopkins does it?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            But it's OK if Bernard Hopkins does it?
            Exactly, the tarver fight had me on the verge of falluing asleep, yet the american's describe it as a "masterclass".

Comment

Originally posted by adamk1304 View Post
              If hatton was american, the haters on this forum would instead be hanging by their teeth from his sack.
              Wrong, Ruiz was never an American favorite or even liked and he is a damn heavy weight where holding and clinching is more accepted and understandable than the lower weights but he was still given tons of crap for it. I think the complete opposite is true, I think you guys give Hatton free passes because he is from UK.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              All his last fights were respectable opponents for him. He won belts for beating them. He is still unbeaten. He is boxing other unbeaten opponents and they are losing there unbeaten records but Hatton still has his. I said there arent many great opponents. So if he beat Witter, would people say Hatton is a superfighter. You cant please everyone. It dont matter who u beat. PBF has beaten good opponents as well. People question PBF as well. People will question Hatton as well.
              But Hatton is rated by people who know about boxing. Ring magazine etc etc. God made all boxers different, so all boxers box different. Hatton gets the job done. Whatever it is he does well? He must be landing punches on his opponents because the judges give the decision to Hatton. You dont score points by holding or wrestling.
              Hugh to answer your question here is what your fellow Hatton supporter said about Hatton's recent competition:

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES
              And as for the opposition, Carlos Maussa is awful - I'd take Pendleton, Krivolapov, Magee and Phillips to take him to the cleaners. And Urango is awful, didn't you see the Rabah fight? And you'll see an old Mosley wipe the floor with Collazo next month.

Comment

Exactly, the tarver fight had me on the verge of falluing asleep, yet the american's describe it as a "masterclass".
                Are you talking about the Tarver/Bhops fight?

If you're saying that that fight made you sleepy maybe it's because you don't know the depth and capabilites of these fighters therefore you can't appreciate them. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post
                  Are you talking about the Tarver/Bhops fight?

If you're saying that that fight made you sleepy maybe it's because you don't know the depth and capabilites of these fighters therefore you can't appreciate them. It's that simple.
                  I know the depth of tarver,he beat roy jones by closing his eyes and swinging, got his jaw smashed to pieces by eric harding, and lost to glen johnson.As for Hopkins, his two best victories were over former welterweights. I congratulate him for his engrossing trilogy with robert allen though.

Comment

I know the depth of tarver,he beat roy jones by closing his eyes and swinging, got his jaw smashed to pieces by eric harding, and lost to glen johnson.As for Hopkins, his two best victories were over former welterweights. I congratulate him for his engrossing trilogy with robert allen though.
                    Huh???? That's all you knew about the two fighters and you call that depth???

No wonder you felt sleepy dude. You're such a big joke.

Now go back to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
                      The reason for the Hatton-Urango fight was to make Hatton look good. It was a business decision. In his first foray into becoming an icon with the American public, like he is with the fans in Britain, he looked less than spectacular. In fact, in that fight- the Welterweight contest with Collazo- he was hurt badly and struggled. So what was next for him? A push-over opponent, who while still deemed as a live opponent, was a showcase for Hatton's skills.

He moves down to his more familiar weight class- the junior welterweight limit- and popped back onto HBO. Again, the network was trying to help Hatton gain some stock- become more of a star here- and therby help their purse as they have put money into him.

For the most part he failed. Hatton did not overly impress against Urango. The point was total domination or a KO to gain steam for Ricky in America.

It was a business decision.
                      Hit the nail right on the head.

The guy was being given all the chances to make it big here in U.S. But so far it's a big disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                      X