No announcement yet.

Baldomir >>>> Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SiN View Post
    All your saying is Baldomir is underrated since he won fights against Judah and Gatti he was supposed to lose, while Margarito is overrated since he lost to Santos and was on the verge of losing to Clottey before the injury occurred...

Nah nah nah don't twist my point, as I said stop hating.

You were saying that Baldomir is a much accomplished fighter because he has fought better competitions, and I'm saying because Margarito was not being given much opportuinities like Baldomir.

As to Margarito docking Williams, I say yes, for now. Because Margarito is trying to fight a bigger named fighter in Cotto.

Is it sinking into your brain?

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post
      Nah nah nah don't twist my point, as I said stop hating.

You were saying that Baldomir is a much accomplished fighter because he has fought better competitions, and I'm saying because Margarito was not being given much opportuinities like Baldomir.

As to Margarito docking Williams, I say yes, for now. Because Margarito is trying to fight a bigger named fighter in Cotto.

Is it sinking into your brain?
      You know how Baldomir got his opportunity? By getting himself into a mandatory position to fight a big fight. Margarito could have done the same. Then if someone decides to drop their belt to duck him, then he'd have a legitimate argument that he's feared and no one ever gave him his shot...

Comment

You know how Baldomir got his opportunity? By getting himself into a mandatory position to fight a big fight. Margarito could have done the same. Then if someone decides to drop their belt to duck him, then he'd have a legitimate argument that he's feared and no one ever gave him his shot...
        Baldomier was GIVEN an opertunity. Margarito has tried in the past to lure Mayweather into a fight. Floyds the one who used to say his bull**** phrase, "if it makes dollars it makes sense." Margarito was at one time avoided, but after he and Arum started throwing money around to Winky and Mayweather, the oppisition started calling. Funny thing is they started calling for the millions instead of a realistic sum of money.

Comment

margarito didn't want to give up his wbo belt in order to simply become a mandatory.

but now since he's getting a big payday against cotto, it's not as much of a risk to give up his belt.

Comment

Well don't you see the whole picture? That's exactly what Margarito is doing now.

He plans to vacate his belt and go for Cotto's belt. Which could give him more options and possibilities in his career. Williams beyond question is as dangerous as Cotto, but what would Marg accomplish in beating Williams who is presently regarded just a good contender? Will he elevate his status? A big NO. While a win against Cotto could line him up for a Mosley fight and possibly a reunification with who ever would be the WBO title holder.

Margarito is stepping up dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro View Post
              margarito didn't want to give up his wbo belt in order to simply become a mandatory.

but now since he's getting a big payday against cotto, it's not as much of a risk to give up his belt.
              So when he should have dropped the belt, he didn't. Now that he doesn't have to, he does drop it.

Comment

So when he should have dropped the belt, he didn't. Now that he doesn't have to, he does drop it.
                no, he's dropping it now, when it is the right time to do so, in a business sense.

he's not doing it to get a mandatory where he MAY get a big fight at a big name champion.

he's doing it when the big money fight with cotto is already set for june.

Comment

Originally posted by psychopath View Post
                  Well don't you see the whole picture? That's exactly what Margarito is doing now.

He plans to vacate his belt and go for Cotto's belt. Which could give him more options and possibilities in his career. Williams beyond question is as dangerous as Cotto, but what would Marg accomplish in beating Williams who is presently regarded just a good contender? Will he elevate his status? A big NO. While a win against Cotto could line him up for a Mosley fight and possibly a reunification with who ever would be the WBO title holder.

Margarito is stepping up dude.
                  There's no question that choosing to fight Cotto is a smart business decision. Cotto is a smaller man with a big name that will bring Margarito his biggest payday. I would have no problem with it at all if Margarito hadn't spent about a year claiming he was the most feared man at 147 and that he ducks no one. He's an obvious hypocrite and there's just no defense for that...

I think a win over Williams will elevate his status, but not as much as Cotto would. Williams, after all, is being pushed by HBO big time and a lot of people know his name. He's as far along as Cintron was when Margarito got to him, but Cintron didn't have HBO behind him like Williams does...

Comment

There's no question that choosing to fight Cotto is a smart business decision. Cotto is a smaller man with a big name that will bring Margarito his biggest payday. I would have no problem with it at all if Margarito hadn't spent about a year claiming he was the most feared man at 147 and that he ducks no one. He's an obvious hypocrite and there's just no defense for that...

I think a win over Williams will elevate his status, but not as much as Cotto would. Williams, after all, is being pushed by HBO big time and a lot of people know his name. He's as far along as Cintron was when Margarito got to him, but Cintron didn't have HBO behind him like Williams does...
                    Well I don't have any disagreement with you on that, that's true.

Bottom line is Margarito is making a big step forward and a big gamble too. If he drops his belt and loses against Cotto he'll be history. And that's what I appreciate here, he's putting everything on the line.

Comment

Where are you getting all of that about Margarito calling himself "the most feared man in boxing" I don't remember that....what I do remember is Steve Kim from M A X B O X I N G calling him the most feared. I also read he had a blog on his site referring to him as the most feared....but I don't understand how you're taking arms with this.

We've already exposed the double standard.

"Floyd Mayweather Ducks or Dodges Nobody."

Then he buys out his contract with Arum declining 8 million dollars to fight Margarito. That's reminiscent of what you're bitching about.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X