No announcement yet.

Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mECHsLAVE View Post
    I wasn't saying this when Floyd opted to fight Judah instead of Margarito or Baldomir, you mean. That's really the only time I've been critical of Floyd's choice of opponent. That and calling "Margarito" easy work, and turning down career-high paydays to fight him. None of that applies to Margarito and Williams, does it?
    He got the career payday against baldomir. He called margarito "easy work" while winning the linear championship receiving that career high payday. and margarito's name wasnt even being mentioned during the Judah fight, there was no big money offer in that time frame the judah fight was already in place before judah lost to baldomir. So your opinion is rather skewed from the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlo View Post

Gee, that's pretty funny coming from a guy who was accusing Mayweather of "ducking" Margo not that long ago. There are some huge ****ing hypocrites and irrational haters on this forum.
      I think Margarito is better than Judah or Baldomir, and of course DLH is bigger fight than any of them. What part don't you understand?

I do not think Williams is better than Cotto, and he's obviously not even in the same league as far as drawing power.

Your correlation falls flat on its face, my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
        and to others who say "dont bieleve what comes out of arums mouth" ok, thats fine, then we can throw out that 8million dollar **** as well.
        Was just about to say the same thing. You can't believe Arum when he says one thing, then say it's complete bull**** when he says something else...

Comment

• Originally posted by SiN View Post
          If you are going to talk **** about Mayweather passing up that paper champion Margarito for better fights (Baldomir and DLH), then you need to start hating on your boy Margarito too since he won't fight Williams to guarantee a shot at Cotto...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paul Williams strikes fear into the heart of Margarito. Tony can't beat southpaws and Williams would be the best lefty he's faced. Williams is also bigger than Margarito and Margarito already felt The Punisher's power in sparring. It all adds up to why Margarito wants nothing to do with Williams...

You have Mayweather in your avatar, and Margarito getting punched in your sig, twice. Your posts are now proven useless and bias in a thread involving Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
            He got the career payday against baldomir. He called margarito "easy work" while winning the linear championship receiving that career high payday. and margarito's name wasnt even being mentioned during the Judah fight, there was no big money offer in that time frame the judah fight was already in place before judah lost to baldomir. So your opinion is rather skewed from the facts.
            I still doubt the money he received for the Baldomir fight, but that's a whole nother thread.

As for fighting Judah, yes I was very crtical of Floyd for fighting the loser rather than the winner. Who wasn't besides the PBF fanclub on here? And I've been critical of him for most of 2006 he sat and could've fought Margarito for his $8M ("easy work") but did not. Yes, I was critical of him for that. Never for signing to fight Baldomir or DLH, though.

Williams is no payday and he's not better than Cotto. Where is the analogy that makes any Margarito supporter a hyprocrite?

Comment

I still doubt the money he received for the Baldomir fight, but that's a whole nother thread.

As for fighting Judah, yes I was very crtical of Floyd for fighting the loser rather than the winner. Who wasn't besides the PBF fanclub on here? And I've been critical of him for most of 2006 he sat and could've fought Margarito for his $8M ("easy work") but did not. Yes, I was critical of him for that. Never for signing to fight Baldomir or DLH, though.

Williams is no payday and he's not better than Cotto. Where is the analogy that makes any Margarito supporter a hyprocrite?
              Floyd fought Judah because he said he would. Meaning he kept his word.

Comment

• They say the fight is still on between Margarito and Williams. Best possibilty I see would be Williams beating Margarito, than Margarito joins the 2nd teir where he blongs with each fight he fades away. As Williams has more potentional than he does. Afer Margarito loses he should move up in weight like Rivera did, and have them fight. The future of the Welterweight divsion is Mayweather (if you can peel him off Oscars ass), Williams, Cotto, and Collazo. Quintana I don't know, Hopkins newhew is suspect being hes just related to another boxer, Cintron just doesn't have it. Cotto should focus on these fighters or face Hatton and Castillo both next year..

Comment

Then why the **** do you believe that he would have received "$8 million with no strings attached" from Arum to fight Margo? We're talking about a supposed career high payday against a virtually unknown WBO champion who the cable networks refused to let headline a card by himself, and the only source for the offer was a crooked ****ing snake in the form of Bob Arum. You can't honestly tell me the notion Floyd would make that sum of money to face Baldomir is any less believable than the notion the he was "ducking" Margo for the same amount.

It's bull****. The fact that you would even claim that Arum's offer is more believable highlights your warped ****ing agenda against Mayweather.

Some of you people make me sick. Just admit you got a little carried away with the Margarito hype because you despise Mayweather and be done with it.

Comment

I think Margarito is better than Judah or Baldomir, and of course DLH is bigger fight than any of them. What part don't you understand?

I do not think Williams is better than Cotto, and he's obviously not even in the same league as far as drawing power.

Your correlation falls flat on its face, my friend.

No it doesn't. Either you are a complete ****ing idiot or you've only been following boxing for the past 6 months. First off, Judah was NEVER part of the equation when Floyd was supposedly “ducking” Tony. Arum and Margo started mouthing off in the press about the "$8 million" AFTER Floyd had beaten Judah. Mayweather proceeded to pursue fights with DLH and then Mosely through late July. Both of those would have been huge fights against much tougher, more accomplished, and more famous opponents than Margarito. I also think Baldomir was a more worthy opponent for Floyd because he was the linear champion and Floyd received the same purse to face him that he would have against Margo. That fact is irrelevant because you can't honestly accuse Mayweather of "ducking" Margo for Baldomir because Arum withdrew the offer right after Baldomir beat Gatti and became a viable option for Floyd.

No matter how you slice it, Mayweather doesn't deserve any flack for refusing to fight Margarito. It was a solid business decision because there were much better options on the table. And if you agree with the hypothetical situation involving Tony's decision to drop his belt and face Cotto but are still willing to attack Floyd for any of the moves that he has made this year, then you are a ****ING HYPOCRITE. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
                      LOL...you just called him a *****. Good stuff.

Let's get serious. Margarito is a professional boxer. He would destroy you, me, and everyone else in here (maybe not Scully).

I guess now the criteria for not being a ***** is to fight guys your own height.
                      margarito isnt destroying me in a fight....ill take margarito faster than he throws his wide looping punches and break both his arms then choke him out! in a boxing fight, he would beat me with one hand

Comment

Working...
                      X