Hatton Could Learn From Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abe Attell View Post
    Kostya a "lightweight" ?

never heard that...people say the fight wasn't impressive because Tszyu was past his prime...at 35, long layoff from injury, the struggle to make weight, and the way Hatton fought him, was the knock on the victory.

I heard Tszyu actually spars at a higher weight when in training, then tries to come down to make the weight...this is probably also why sparring partners that are over 140, say Tszyu is so strong...the problem is, if you try to lose weight, someone like Tszyu will be losing muscle as well.
    I think people were more surprised at the way Hatton fought him by hugging him...nobody really expected that because that wasn't Ricky's style up to that point...not saying it wasn't smart, but didn't make for a great fight that was expected.

Hatton was a real exciting fighter prior to his fight with Tszyu, but for some reason, from the Tszyu fight on, he has been holding a lot more.
    dude is that lollo in your sig?

are you italian?

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
      rickys next 5 fights could be
      urango
      castillo
      mayweather
      cotto
      margorito
      and even if he wins them ppl will still critisise him
      I would give him props if he fought all those guys, but everyone knows he won't. I'm not sure why he's even bothering with Urango, who is a total unknown and hasn't done anything of note in his career but receive a gift in his last fight. Castillo will probably beat Hatton anyway...

Comment

personally I think collazo is better than quintana but not by much.

cotto is better suited at 147 then hatton is.

hatton is short even for a 140 pounder so why would he move up to have

a bigger disadvantage. get real

Comment

I think with Hatton's style he needs to be bigger and stronger in order to bully his opponents around the ring. At 147 he couldn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by kfootball15 View Post
            Quintana isnt half the fighter collazo is. Collazo knocks Quintana out 9 times out of ten. Hes got more power, hes slicker, and hes quicker.

We didnt know what kind of fighter Quintana was. He was a good boxer that beat a good prospect. He was just proves as a bit overhyped.

And who cares what Hatton walks around at. when hes at a higher weight, he is fat. When hes at 147, hes not the jacked guy he is at 140. And especially considering the fact that he had 7 weeks to move up a division...

Hatton has proven more then cotto, he has proven more then many boxers. U have to have this guy AT LEAST in ur top 15 p4p

You give Collazo a 9 out of 10 chance to KO Quintana when you gave Cotto a 0 out of 10 chance to KO Quintana? You thought Quintana was going to KO Cotto? Hatton has proved more than Cotto? Ok.. Fighting Tyszu that's about it.. In a dirty fight.The man has 41 fights and you are saying he has proved more than Cotto? Cotto has fought contenders who everyone thought could be title holders. Hatton by far fought Tszyu which makes his resume stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Attell View Post
              Kostya a "lightweight" ?

never heard that...people say the fight wasn't impressive because Tszyu was past his prime...at 35, long layoff from injury, the struggle to make weight, and the way Hatton fought him, was the knock on the victory.
              Trust me i have read everything there is to read from people trying to discredit Hatton. I am sure it was on this forum somewhere? If i can remember correctly it was from PBF fans saying Hattons acheivement in comparison to PBFS is no good because Kostya originally started out at lightweight as well as being old having a layoff and everything else under the sun.

just get used to it and the quicker ppl realise most americans saying this are mayweather fans and realise hatton is one in a small bunch who has a legit chance of beating mayweather (even tho they wont admit it) and just hate for a response
              Thanks for saying that but everyone already knows people saying crap about Hatton are Americans and Mayweather fans, and yes they know Hatton has a good chance against Mayweather, just like PBF knows Hatton has a good chance against him.

Comment

I came into this thread expecting some decent DISCUSSION. Instead it's just smack talk flame down round the back of the school bike sheds.

Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                  dude is that lollo in your sig?

are you italian?
                  Yup, and Part Yup

Gina Lollobrigida
                  Last edited by Abe Attell; 12-03-2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

rickys next 5 fights could be
                    urango
                    castillo
                    mayweather
                    cotto
                    margorito
                    and even if he wins them ppl will still critisise him

If that would be the line-up, that would be something...win or lose, that would be balls out.

Comment

well there has been talk of hatton vs cotto in late 2007 if they both remain undefeated.

so

urango
                      castillo
                      cotto, could very well be hattons next 3 fights

id love for it to be that way but you never know in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X