• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just signed with Matchroom

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
      Just signed with Matchroom
      Ay just saw on Twitter. After that Sky debut it was a given tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
        He.was a bloody good amateur thats for sure Tom.Steve Wraith has always been very high on him,he's a very well known manager/promoter around our area.Lewis aint a big puncher but he makes that up with good fundamentals and steely determination as you seen Saturday night.
        Yeah I bet his style looks great in the gym. Very crisp and accurate.

Matchroom has a base for some decent cards in the north east with Ritson and Kelly. Hopefully these two can go far and not have the problems other guys from your way have had (Bradley Saunders/Tony Jeffries etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Yeah I bet his style looks great in the gym. Very crisp and accurate.

Matchroom has a base for some decent cards in the north east with Ritson and Kelly. Hopefully these two can go far and not have the problems other guys from your way have had (Bradley Saunders/Tony Jeffries etc).
          Yeah I completely agree.Boxing up here at the moment is in a transition period.Past flag bearers such as the Dickinson brothers,Glen Foot and Stuart Hall have done tremendously well to keep us having someone to root for.

Saunders was meant to be the one,its a bloody shame his hands failed him.But thats the price you pay for being a big puncher.I believe we'll start to see the benefits up here when the likes of the McCormack twins turn pro.We have some naughty talent coming up through the ranks,ive got my fingers crossed that some can further improve.

Comment

Still no word on his first defence?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Sports
              Lewis Ritson wants the first defence of his British title to be against Sean ‘Masher’ Dodd and the 24-year-old is happy to travel to Liverpool for the fight.

Ritson impressed as he destructively took out Robbie Barrett on Saturday night to claim the Lonsdale belt and the Newcastle man has since signed a mutli-fight deal with Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing.

'The Sandman' wants to continue his rise and has set winning the British title outright as his primary objective, but also admits that if he can add Birkenhead Dodd's Commonwealth strap to his collection then even better.

"Outside world level, Dodd and Cardle are the biggest names domestically and I want to fight both," Ritson told Sky Sports. "Dodd has the Commonwealth title and he has a come-forward style like mine, so it would be a very crowd-pleasing fight."

"That would be my preference for the next defence and I would go to Liverpool for that fight. I enjoy going on the road as it takes the pressure off. I took a lot of Geordies down to Manchester for the Barrett fight and I'm sure they would be up for a trip to Liverpool for a dust-up with 'Masher."
              This was his last interview, just over a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
                Still no word on his first defence?
                Aint heard Hearn saying much about plans for next year, apart from the 02 card. Gotta assume hes planning a card in the north though with the Linares/Campbell 2 offer. Maybe hes on that

Thought Hearn was gunna do a Newcastle Nextgen this year, maybe thats next year.

Comment

Actually twitter saying hes on the Haye/Bellew card, getting announced this week, Tommy Coyle

Comment

Ritson ices Coyle, but it would be fun while it lasts

Comment

I already feel bad for Coyle. Fun while it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                      X