No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs McGregor

Does this even have a potential to be interesting? I mean, I really like Connor McGregor for many things but I don't think he can stand a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match according to rules of normal boxing.

Or am I completely mistaken?

The matchup is for Conor. Simple. He benefits the most out of the deal and wants the fight because as a combatant in a serious sport, he knows that MMA while popular, doesn't have the legacy of Boxing. Neither does it pay as much. Guys like Broner, Terence, Danny, Victor, Robert etc can all fight and get at least 400 thousand to fight nobodies 3 times a year while people like Woodley, Mighty Mouse, Zingano can't pull much money because the sport isn't a rich one. He knows how brutal fights and training can be. As well as the presser.

So for one last fight to see Floyd? I will watch it. I feel the same about Pac, Miguel and JMM. I will watch them if they are gonna fight once or twice more and retire. It will be fun to see.

Comment

Conor's reach is like 74" and he will land his left cross along with a few elbows, forearm chops, back fists & head butts for good measure. Conor packs one helluva wallop with his left hand; however, MMA gloves only weigh 4 ozs. whereas his boxing gloves will be 10 ozs.; so, it remains to be seen how much sting is lost with the extra glove weight.

Who knows, maybe he will get lucky?

If he doesn't, I wouldn't rule out a vicious left to Mayweather's private parts resulting in a DQ, since his ego and the "honor of MMA" cannot allow him to be beaten up by Money Mayweather.
      Last edited by mikeg1224; 05-30-2017, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I this fight actually happens, it would be nothing but a travesty and another black eye for boxing. Hopefully it is all just talk.

Comment

Answers: No and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovanny View Post
            Does this even have a potential to be interesting? I mean, I really like Connor McGregor for many things but I don't think he can stand a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match according to rules of normal boxing.

Or am I completely mistaken?

he has little/no chance, it will be very one-sided

a complete undressing is what will happen

Mayweather blew it, imho

I don't really blame him for not taking any unnecessary risks, and the fight will happen anyway..... but Mayweather should fight McGregor in an octagon, with 4oz MMA gloves

the reason why, is smoke-n-mirrors

this is an exhibition match, barely..... it is a circus fight

nobody knowledgeable should give McGregor a chance, but if that fight were to happen in an octagon with 4oz gloves, I see a lot more punters sliding toward McGregor..... mainly because it gives them a reason to hope that Floyd will lose

that would seem to be much more of an " even " fight to most casual observers

total nonsense of course

if that fight happens under boxing rules, then they could fight on an ice rink or in an elevator, it will not help McGregor one bit..... Mayweather would only need to make a slight adjustment to his game.....

..... and Conor could not hit Mayweather with a handful of rice, so having 4oz gloves will make no difference at all to McGregor's chances..... "oh, but Conor may just land betsy, and with 4oz gloves the world would end"..... yea right, cool story bro

it would do just the opposite..... Mayweather would slice and dice McGregor with 4oz gloves..... his technical accuracy and precision would make it easy for him to keep McGregor honest and ensure that he remains defensively responsible (i.e. it would ensure that fight is a boxing match, giving Mayweather another advantage)

just my 2c

Comment

Id back Mayweather in boxing and McGregor in MMA. To me it's as simple as that...

Comment

Originally posted by Jovanny View Post
                I don't think he can stand a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match according to rules of normal boxing.
                McGregor wants money, a lot of money, and in this boxing match he can earn as much as he does not earn in MMA for his entire career. So, for him it does not matter how many chances he has. And for me it will be a sports show, like a wrestling

Comment

Working...
                X