No announcement yet.

Everything Points to Gennady Golovkin - Canelo Alvarez U

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Points to Gennady Golovkin - Canelo Alvarez U

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez grabbed the WBC world middleweight champion from Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto late last year, but his title will be challenged by the undefeated fighter and budding PPV star Gennady Golovkin, who holds the other major boxing belts in the IBF, WBC (interim), and the WBA.

A fight between the two boxing superstars will definitely become the biggest for 2016, but the question is when will it happen? And if Golovkin dares Alvarez to fight him, will the latter even take on the challenge?

Saul Alvarez

REUTERS
    Mexican boxer Saul Alvarez during the weigh-in of his fight against American Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Alvarez will have to accept the fight if he wants to get his place as one of the best Mexican boxers of all time; obviously, that list is filled with legends and greats who have one thing in common: which is they never backed down from anyone's challenge. Perhaps the biggest obstacle in making it happen is that he does not really want to fight at 160. But for many boxing analysts, it is just an excuse for Alvarez because he knows that Golovkin will be his toughest opponent since Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Also, Golovkin is naturally the bigger fighter of the two.

While Alvarez defeated Cotto via a convincing unanimous decision back in November, Golovkin, on the other hand, is fresh from an eight-round KO win against David Lemieux in October, or a month before Alvarez's fight. With the knockout win, the Kazakhstani professional boxer they call "GGG" now owns a record of 34 victories with no losses, with 31 of those wins by way of knockout.

For boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya, it is a fight that has to happen, and that his fighter, Alvarez, will come out on top. "Obviously, strength is one thing, but ring generalship and ring smarts is another," he said referring to Alvarez's potential advantage against the Kazakh. De La Hoya also said that even though Golovkin is an undefeated fighter, he really hasn't faced competition like Alvarez and that he will likely be frustrated by the Mexican's style.

The only way to find that out is for the fighters to man up and fight.
    Last edited by thanhalam1793; 01-14-2016, 05:10 AM.

Canelo will be knocked out. Easy win GGG.

Comment

I get the feeling Canelo will want the fight at 155 or no fight at all

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
        I get the feeling Canelo will want the fight at 155 or no fight at all
        My thoughts too but I expect ggg to accept 156 in desperation to get the pay day, he has stated before he can make 154, so I'm not ruling out 155 yet.

Comment

I don't want catch weight crap!

Comment

Hope we don't have tait too long for Canelo GGG!

Comment

Working...
            X