No announcement yet.

Tony Bellew vs Nathan Cleverly - the rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Under exactly what criteria could you class anything about Bellew's performance as impressive?.

It was probably the most pitiful attempt at winning a World title fight in British boxing history.
    There's been others who equally failed. for instance, Andrade smashed Rose and Lee Purdy's attempt comes to mind as recent examples.

Comment

Both Cleverly and Bellew are (at best) European level fighters.

I will watch (and pay) for this fight only on the basis that it should be a tear up.

The fact that this is a PPV fight is shameful, as another poster pointed out it is a completely stacked card.

Basically I believe that part of this show is to light a fuse to generate interest in a Groves / Degale re-match, I can see them calling out each other post fight etc and starting to build hype.

It also gives future cash cow Joshua some exposure.

For me, a PPV should have a high quality, world class, competitive card for at least the headline fight and two under card fights.

Actually having to pay to watch Tony Bellew fight is a joke.

But I will be doing exactly that...so more the fool me.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        Both Cleverly and Bellew are (at best) European level fighters.

I will watch (and pay) for this fight only on the basis that it should be a tear up.

The fact that this is a PPV fight is shameful, as another poster pointed out it is a completely stacked card.

Basically I believe that part of this show is to light a fuse to generate interest in a Groves / Degale re-match, I can see them calling out each other post fight etc and starting to build hype.

It also gives future cash cow Joshua some exposure.

For me, a PPV should have a high quality, world class, competitive card for at least the headline fight and two under card fights.

Actually having to pay to watch Tony Bellew fight is a joke.

But I will be doing exactly that...so more the fool me.

I'm assuming you're from UK? How much do you lot have to pay for this PPV on skybox (right)?

Heh, at least you lot get all the big American PPV fights for free (with the subscripption of boxnation).

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
          I'm assuming you're from UK? How much do you lot have to pay for this PPV on skybox (right)?

Heh, at least you lot get all the big American PPV fights for free (with the subscripption of boxnation).
          It's going to be £17

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post

I think it is about £17 or $30.

A ridiculous amount when you consider that I can watch Bhop, Pacman and another huge UK domestic fight right through November for £12 on Boxnation.

It is not really the amount that bothers me, more the quality of what I am paying for.

But, I am the one buying into it I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              There's been others who equally failed. for instance, Andrade smashed Rose and Lee Purdy's attempt comes to mind as recent examples.
              No it was the worst performance by far, even worse then the terribly outmatched Lockett's.

He gave it the big, talked a lot of smack and looked absolutely pathetic against Stevenson.

Comment

I can't decide yet I'm still 50/50 I'm not a great fan of either! I just think at some point there is going to be a tear up... If I was pushed for an answer I would Lean towards Cleverly Tbh.. As for paying for the fight IMO I think the cards worth £17 Groves Degale quigg Aj and the other two Herbert's!! I'm happy to pay for that I don't feel hard done by at all.. Very interested to see deagales performance
                Last edited by typeone; 11-21-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Me and my mate are splitting the cost of the PPV 50/50

£8.50 plus the cost of a crate of beers is not really an expensive Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
                    Me and my mate are splitting the cost of the PPV 50/50

£8.50 plus the cost of a crate of beers is not really an expensive Saturday night
                    Shiiiiiiiiii... this is a PPV lmao, I'm so far behind on this stuff but really?
                    Is this worth PPV :/ I just always assumed it was a Skysports 1 exclusive haha I'm sorry but I'm not ****ing paying to see those two fight haha!

Comment

Hope Clev wins can't stand Bellew quite surprised when I saw the head to head for Periban Degale MAP looks a lot bigger. Interesting video with Groves on IFL TV don't know if he's a troll or if he's serious throughout lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X