Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an American, Jim Watt is the voice of UK boxing to me. He is the one I have most been exposed to whenever I catch a broadcast from over there.

Very enjoyable to listen to. Way better than Lampley, Kellerman, and Mauro Ranallo even if he interprets things wrong from time to time.

I also love Steve Bunce. Passionate, funny, and he knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Massively biased. I used to think he was ok but over the past few years he has really begun to piss me off.

In the Froch v Groves rematch he was so up Froch's arse it was untrue. Constantly making a big deal out of nearly every punch that Froch had thrown whether it landed or not, whilst at the same time completely ignoring the good work Groves was doing

Think it's time he hung up the Mic

Comment

People actually think he's a good commentator?

One of the only people I have to mute the tv for, so biased towards the home fighters every single card that it's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
          Massively biased. I used to think he was ok but over the past few years he has really begun to piss me off.

In the Froch v Groves rematch he was so up Froch's arse it was untrue. Constantly making a big deal out of nearly every punch that Froch had thrown whether it landed or not, whilst at the same time completely ignoring the good work Groves was doing

Think it's time he hung up the Mic
          Whilst doing the exact opposite in the first fight. Ignoring any of Froch's success in favour of rimming Groves. Bizarre turnaround.

Comment

I don't mind listening to Jim

Comment

He decides on what's going to happen before the fight then his commentary matches that. Really annoying.

Comment

Strange scoring again tonight..

Awful to listen to. Halling is no better, bring back Darke.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  Strange scoring again tonight..

Awful to listen to. Halling is no better, bring back Darke.
                  why did he leave?
                  he was really good

Comment

He does football commentary for BT sport.. so I guess he left himself for more money but would be nice if he returned.

Comment

Jim was terrible in the Kel/Porter just terrible IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X