Collapse
No announcement yet.

east coast USA to wembley stadium? how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• east coast USA to wembley stadium? how?

im thinking of booking a ticket for froch groves 2. the atmosphere in the stadium will be ****ing electric

seems to me as if its a once in a lifetime event. the fight itself will be amazing as well
    its not set in stone yet but eddie hearn narrowed it down to wembley or emirates arena...could anyone from the UK tell me how i would get there assuming its in a.) wembley or b.) emirates?

which airport would i take my flight to? and then from there what would be the best way? tube? taxi? walk?

id like to save as much money as possible so hopefully they announce the stadium soon so that i can book a flight. right now they are relatively cheap

also what do you think ticket prices for the fight will be?

I wouldn't rule out old Trafford.

Wembley is unlikely btw. If you go delta or aa it'll prob be about $500 return to Heathrow then you should get a hotel in islington if it's Emirates.

Comment

Thought i'd help a bit more.

If it's in Manchester then fly direct to Manchester, buses and taxi's could be your best bet up there, personally i'd try the bus because you'd save a lot of money... Premier Inn hotels can be a good bet for where to stay because you get a decent nights sleep or money back and the rooms are basic but comfortable.

With London get the tube for sure...

If it's in Wembley you can get the tube to Wembley Park, Wembley Central or Preston Road depending on how far you want to walk or try to get a hotel in the Brent area.

If it's in Emirates you'll want a tube to one of the following... Arsenal, Finsbury Park, Drayton Park (but this will prob be shut) or Holloway Road.... whatever you do don't get a taxi to the Emirates!

A good bet is to stay in Finsbury Park area if it's at the Emirates.

Hearn said the cheapest tickets will prob be £40 ($20ish) so you are looking at ($150-250 for a good seat).

Hope this helps

Comment

It is very unlikely to be Wembley. There is a football match the day before on the 30th May.

I can see it being at Emirates Stadium or Twickenham in the London area or Old Trafford, Manchester.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
          Thought i'd help a bit more.

If it's in Manchester then fly direct to Manchester, buses and taxi's could be your best bet up there, personally i'd try the bus because you'd save a lot of money... Premier Inn hotels can be a good bet for where to stay because you get a decent nights sleep or money back and the rooms are basic but comfortable.

With London get the tube for sure...

If it's in Wembley you can get the tube to Wembley Park, Wembley Central or Preston Road depending on how far you want to walk or try to get a hotel in the Brent area.

If it's in Emirates you'll want a tube to one of the following... Arsenal, Finsbury Park, Drayton Park (but this will prob be shut) or Holloway Road.... whatever you do don't get a taxi to the Emirates!

A good bet is to stay in Finsbury Park area if it's at the Emirates.

Hearn said the cheapest tickets will prob be £40 ($20ish) so you are looking at ($150-250 for a good seat).

Hope this helps
          thanks thats good to know that the tickets will be so cheap. being that its in a staidum, id imagine youd wanna get a close seat so u can see the action better since the ring will be so far. so ill set my ticket budget at probably around $500

all in all, what do you think this trip would cost me? ive heard its expensive there?

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
            thanks thats good to know that the tickets will be so cheap. being that its in a staidum, id imagine youd wanna get a close seat so u can see the action better since the ring will be so far. so ill set my ticket budget at probably around $500

all in all, what do you think this trip would cost me? ive heard its expensive there?
            Hey, firstly the rate quoted before as you may know isn't right £40 is About $60. It's 1.66 at the moment.
            Flying if it's London either gatwick or heathrow are fine. Travel around the capital is easy. On that note you could stay anywhere if you wanted to visit London properly you could easily catch the tube to any of the stadiums mentioned. London like other big cities isn't cheap.
            Manchester I'm not so familiar with but it's far smaller so easier to get around.
            Flights are cheap from USA to the UK my brother flies back cheaper than I do to visit him.
            I wouldn't rule out it being in Nottingham at the City ground.
            How long you planning to stay?
            If money is tight maybe another fan will put you up if you could return the favour for another state side fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
              Hey, firstly the rate quoted before as you may know isn't right £40 is About $60. It's 1.66 at the moment.
              Flying if it's London either gatwick or heathrow are fine. Travel around the capital is easy. On that note you could stay anywhere if you wanted to visit London properly you could easily catch the tube to any of the stadiums mentioned. London like other big cities isn't cheap.
              Manchester I'm not so familiar with but it's far smaller so easier to get around.
              Flights are cheap from USA to the UK my brother flies back cheaper than I do to visit him.
              I wouldn't rule out it being in Nottingham at the City ground.
              How long you planning to stay?
              If money is tight maybe another fan will put you up if you could return the favour for another state side fight?
              just realised I put $20... My bad, but I wouldn't suggest a hotel anywhere in London because it'll finish after last tube times.

Foreigners doing London night buses in north London is a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                just realised I put $20... My bad, but I wouldn't suggest a hotel anywhere in London because it'll finish after last tube times.

Foreigners doing London night buses in north London is a bad idea!
                You might be right re;tube. Don't they extend tube running times when stuff is at the O2?
                Also might this be reason for it being finished before last tubes?
                40,000 leaving somewhere after midnight would be a little chaotic with no transport.
                Personally if I was coming for a week I wouldn't choose my hotel purely on location to the stadium.

That said London Taxi's are in my experience mote expensive than NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                  You might be right re;tube. Don't they extend tube running times when stuff is at the O2?
                  Also might this be reason for it being finished before last tubes?
                  40,000 leaving somewhere after midnight would be a little chaotic with no transport.
                  Personally if I was coming for a week I wouldn't choose my hotel purely on location to the stadium.

That said London Taxi's are in my experience mote expensive than NY.
                  was still half twelve for froch vs Kessler which was odd... Only reason I think it wouldn't be on later is I got caught out when it was calzaghe vs Kessler with no trains lol.

Cold night!

Comment

so now that the fight is confirmed for wembley...can anyone give me detailed travel instructions?

Comment

Working...
                    X