No announcement yet.

Froch Vs Groves II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    omon man, groves did take froch by surprise and froch did underestimate him. Plus i think froch will win inside the distance.

But i will not be surprised if groves won. He is a very good fighter with lightening speed. Froch won the mid game but on boxrec its still just a scheduled fight.

I have it 70-30/60-40 in froch favour but who knows what happens to the body come fight night.

Has froch overtrained???
    your opinion is worth nothing on this forum - you think khan would beat mayweather so your not going to be impartial

Comment

• I the way Froch boxes fighters ears off. Every fight he punches them right smack bang on the ears, clever!

Comment

• Open training day!!!

http://youtu.be/oanIozAYvSc

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
          your opinion is worth nothing on this forum - you think khan would beat mayweather so your not going to be impartial
          This post got a chuckle out of me!

Comment

• Froch odds are shortening(!?) not sure that's the right expression it breaks my head once past 1/1... Probably going out is closer.
            Anyway you can get 3/4 now! Which is better than it was, if you want to back Froch.

Comment

• I got 9/1 at Ladbrokes for a groves stoppage inside 6 rounds back in March. I'm happy with that, I think the best price now is 13/2 for that.
              Groves to win in 6. Froch brutally dissected.

Comment

• Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                It was evident from Saturday night's programme that Froch has taken on board and implemented the techniques and strategies that his sports psychologist has discussed with him. You have to commend him on that, he looked like a different man to the one we've become accustomed to seeing lately.

If you're rooting for him you can take encouragement that he's no longer putting himself at the disadvantage of losing his composure in the presence of his opponent.

What has been interesting during this whole build-up is the number of fans from either side whose views are so filtered by what they want to happen that they out-right refuse to see what is actually happening.

I'm predicting Groves by stoppage, and I've put money on it, so there's a vested interest on my part but how anyone can see what happened when they faced off there as beneficial to Groves is hard to fathom. The only thing that you can take from that, and this is reaching, is that Groves was angered, and just maybe that will make him more spiteful on the night.

Other than clutching at that pretty long straw, what we can take from last nights viewing is that Froch has now proved to himself that he's mentally ready for this fight. He's a top class competitor. Anyone who expected him to roll over without upping his game has allowed themselves to become blinkered.
                I agree that froch got under groves skin in that head to head and I concede that overall it was positive for froch. But I do think that his mental stability and emotional well being are built on a delusional house of cards. I wasn't hurt after round 1- bollox, when I said I couldn't remember being knocked down after the fight that was tongue in cheek- bollox.

There's a reason he looked so good against bute and Abraham and a reason he looked so bad against groves and if he has convinced himself that's purely down to his preperation for the first groves fight then more fool him. How quickly will his new found mental tranquility evaporate if groves starts fast.

Comment

• Froch in the later rounds for me, unless Groves gets in a few big combos early on.

I just feel Froch will be able to irritate Groves and force him out of his strong technical boxing style. They will end up going at it hammer and tongs and Froch takes him out.

Imo of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
                    I agree that froch got under groves skin in that head to head and I concede that overall it was positive for froch. But I do think that his mental stability and emotional well being are built on a delusional house of cards. I wasn't hurt after round 1- bollox, when I said I couldn't remember being knocked down after the fight that was tongue in cheek- bollox.

There's a reason he looked so good against bute and Abraham and a reason he looked so bad against groves and if he has convinced himself that's purely down to his preperation for the first groves fight then more fool him. How quickly will his new found mental tranquility evaporate if groves starts fast.
                    brillant post - everything was spot on - am sure froch realises styles makes fights

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbigshot View Post
                      brillant post - everything was spot on - am sure froch realises styles makes fights
                      Thank you. I know from previous posts we have a similar train of thought to the outcome of this fight. I truly believe that froch's composure is a veneer that will crack if things start badly for him.

He's all over the place, he contradicts himself weekly on the stoppage initially it was a good stoppage, then it was premature, then it was the correct decision again. Then there's the- no chance of groves beating me, if I get beat I'll retire, groves won't fight me a third time if he gets lucky. There's no consistency. I can't trust the conviction of a man who doesn't know his own mind.

I think Rob McCracken knows, as soon as the rematch was signed he mentioned the possibility of a trilogy. He's the person I'm most interested on hearing speak on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X