No announcement yet.

International Prizefighter November 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Prizefighter November 14th

On the undercard of Anthony Joshua's third fight (assuming he wins his 2nd) will be a heavyweight prizefighter at the York Hall.

James Toney & Sherman Williams represent the USA region (I know Williams is Bahamian but 90% of his fights have been US & he's based here). Combined age of 86. Not sure if there's an irony hidden in there.

Sam Sexton & Larry Olubamiwo for the UK. I thought Larry had a long term ban. Anyone shed any light on this? Anyone, can't see him last for than a round or two no matter who he's up against.

Most interested in Joshua's cousin Ben Ileyemi. I liked his style last time out & will be interested to see if he goes anywhere.

Agree Joshua's cousin looked good, be interesting to see how far they both can go. And as for the prizefighter sideshow, that will be a good bit of entertainment...especially with Toney involved ahaha!

Comment

James Toney at the York Hall....great for us fans, not so brilliant for James I am thinking. He's now slipped down to that 'have gum shield, will travel' level which you never want to see great champs have to actually endure in their later years and after decades in the ring.

Having said that...he'll probably win the thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
        James Toney at the York Hall....great for us fans, not so brilliant for James I am thinking. He's now slipped down to that 'have gum shield, will travel' level which you never want to see great champs have to actually endure in their later years and after decades in the ring.

Having said that...he'll probably win the thing!
        He could well do but he'd have to score a couple of knockdowns because he certainly won't win the "punches thrown" vote.

I'd love for Sam Sexton to win.

Comment

James toney at the York hall is awesome, it's a historic venue

They need to get big Audley in this, he's the defending prizefighter champ

Comment

Can't wait for this. I see it's being billed as USA vs UK?
            So how will this work?
            Will the UK guys, say, be unable to face each other until the final?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
              So how will this work?
              4 usa vs uk fights in the quarters

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
                So how will this work?
                It just means 4 Yanks and 4 Brits in the tournament. It's possible that the 4 Yanks fight each other in the QF and same with the Brits but highly unlikely. There is no restriction/limit on who faces who, it's simply USA vs UK based on who's competing.

Comment

Love watching PrizeFighter - you always get a couple good 'barnburner' matches and this year's lineup is looking pretty solid. I'm hoping that Marius Wach hops on the bill, even though he's not a fat yank or fat limey (yeah, you guys are fat too).

Also would like to see Audley and Marty Rogan join the lineup

Comment

Now Chisora is without an opponent he should join in

Comment

Working...
                    X