Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far can Callum Smith go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian John-Lewis is a **** referee. His inept display allowed Rocky Fielding to land a free punch/cheap shot on his opponent that ended the fight before it got started.

Comment

He will unfortunately be like the rest of his brothers "nearly men" Infact you could say that about all of joe Galllaghers fighters.

Comment

Not very far,has a poor chin,poor power not a very complete fighter at all,I don't rate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Palidovic View Post
          Not very far,has a poor chin,poor power not a very complete fighter at all,I don't rate him.
          His chin looks fine tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            His chin looks fine tbf
            I don't think he's really fought any strong punchers yet though. He'll certainly need a strong chin as his defence is not very good.

If he is very lucky with the opponent then Smith could win a title but i'd say he is a lower top 10 contender. If his chin holds up well then he can give the top guys in the division a competitive fight but unlikely to actually defeat them.

Comment

Not far enough, domestic level boxer.......

Comment

Callum Smith vs Rocky Fielding now official

Good fight. Would have given Smith big edge before but Fielding has gone up a bit in my estimation recently. He looks like a solid boxer, nothing spectacular, but solid.

Comment

Can see callum smith beating fielding in a close fight which they'll give to him because hearn favours him.

Comment

Clearly he is heavy handed and can throw some good short shots for a tall man. But to me he just looks too ponderous. His feet seem slow and he pushes his punches, theres no snap. I think a quick slick boxer would have a field day with him. But he always has that punch to get him out of jail. European level I think due to his world class power and awkward size for the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ-G View Post
                      Not far enough, domestic level boxer.......
                      Dis...

Maybe continental level - as I could see him winning European title - making a few defenses before getting fed to a legit world class up-and comer as part of their earning curve for the European title.

Comment

Working...
                      X