No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the almost/maybe/near pullout of Channel 5 from boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the almost/maybe/near pullout of Channel 5 from boxing

What are GBS thoughts on this whole story?

Do you fell them negotiating for Fury is a backtrack, or is it a sign that the end is near?

Maybe they are just trying to get the fight for less money by scaring big Mick ****less?

Will this whole episode show the channel that there is passion for the sport?

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    What are GBS thoughts on this whole story?

Do you fell them negotiating for Fury is a backtrack, or is it a sign that the end is near?

Maybe they are just trying to get the fight for less money by scaring big Mick ****less?

Will this whole episode show the channel that there is passion for the sport?
    I think it is more to do with them getting the fights for cheaper, I mean Mick only realistically has BoxNation to choose from if 5 pull the plug if he wants to keep his fighters on board so 5 have the power to mess him around.

Boxing is a bit more expensive to show on TV than a lot of programmes so they're probably just cost cutting... Better fights are needed from Mick if he is to keep the contract thats for sure.

Comment

Hopefully it stays. i haven't got boxnation/sky

Comment

Channel 5 are apparently getting some good, worthwhile ratings and the advertising looks profitable as well....

.....but I am guessing that they could still probably buy-in a full series of yet another American sit-com/cop show for half the price and they are considering their options.

Broadcasting live boxing is an expensive, unpredicatable old business and is a great deal of hassle as well.

Let's all hope they stick around and cover Fury, Degale and Eubank Jr. They've done a top job so far and if they have the finances and resolve to stick with Fury they could be serving-up world heavyweight championship boxing and that means some proper advertising cash in the Channel 5 bank.

Comment

Working...
        X