Uk Am Boxing funding boost!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Am Boxing funding boost!

"Boost for boxing

Boxing's purse will be bulging by an extra 44% with an increase to £13.7m thanks to five medals, including three golds, though £9.55m is conditional on the sport sorting out some internal issues."

http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/story/15234/8341406

44% is huge!!

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    "Boost for boxing

Boxing's purse will be bulging by an extra 44% with an increase to £13.7m thanks to five medals, including three golds, though £9.55m is conditional on the sport sorting out some internal issues."

http://www1.skysports.com/olympics/story/15234/8341406

44% is huge!!
    Having read it properly hopefully the 'internal issues' arent a way of screwing the sport out of money?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Having read it properly hopefully the 'internal issues' arent a way of screwing the sport out of money?
      And another thought, will this mean more of our talent stay in the Ams because they get paid better?

lol i was so excited at first.

Comment

Are no Brits interested in this? Weve seen what happens in Cycling and Rowing when the Gov puts funding into them, they find international standard talent and lots of it!

Obviously this is less than those sports are getting but still, a good am system should provide many decent pros, even if as i said earlier a few more stay amateur becuase of extra pay.

Comment

I think it's excellent news, will be interesting now to see how the money will be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
            I think it's excellent news, will be interesting now to see how the money will be used.
            Indeed, hopefully more will be used for grassroots than in keeping the best boxers amateur. Its no coincidence that cycling and rowing starting churning out world class talent when they got more funding.

Comment

Fair play, UK am boxing deserves it after the medal haul they produced at the Olympics. Hope they have continued success.

Comment

Working...
              X