Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury almost kod david price...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'll be in for a rude awakening when Price and Fury fight. I feel it comes to something when you can only knock a fighter based upon hearsay of a fight in the amateurs that he won.
    Earl-Hickey Earl-Hickey likes this.

Comment

I think the title should read:

'Tyson Fury almost KOd himself'
      Earl-Hickey Earl-Hickey likes this.

Comment

David Price has an Amir Khan chin.

He's a false prophet

Comment

denium

This thread

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            I'll never understand the hype with Fury...

Here's a guy who turned pro as a 6ft9 in-fighter (wasn't good at all), with no jab and just no clue how to utilise his physical attributes. He loses to John McDermott in their first encounter and looks just as bad in the rematch but stops him in 9. At this point the only thing going for Fury is his heart and size.

Records some more decent wins and beats a Chisora which looks nothing like the one that fought Helenius/Vitali etc. Gets dropped by a light-punching heavyweight and rallies back to an unimpressive stoppage victory.

When has Fury ever looked impressive?

He doesn't. He talks a good fight and gives it a good go, can't fault him on his heart, it's just the talent he lacks. He can still have a good career based off his physical attributes alone but I'll never understand why he's seen as one of the best heavyweight prospects out there.
            Damn, this didn't age well.
            Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
              denium

This thread
              Mate if i went through all my archives on here, I'd make a lot of people look very foolish when it came to Fury predictions. People forget what it was like, Fury was a meme.

I know we've clashed in the past but you're genuinely one of the most knowledgeable guys on here imo, as shown by this thread. You just got it wrong about AJ

Comment

I remember these times. I even placed an £800 bet on Fury to beat Price at 11-4. I got refunded but was gutted the fight never happened as I knew Fury was going to have far too much for Price, even then. I did put £100 on Thompson at 5-1 though, and £200 on Thompson in the rematch at 7-2. Over time I grew to really like Price though. I'll tell you now though, less than 1% of boxing fans were predicting big things for Fury at this time. Most thought he'd get some kind of big shot because of his personality/controversy, get hammered and then retire as a flash in the pan, but no, Kronk became the King. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                  I remember these times. I even placed an £800 bet on Fury to beat Price at 11-4. I got refunded but was gutted the fight never happened as I knew Fury was going to have far too much for Price, even then. I did put £100 on Thompson at 5-1 though, and £200 on Thompson in the rematch at 7-2. Over time I grew to really like Price though. I'll tell you now though, less than 1% of boxing fans were predicting big things for Fury at this time. Most thought he'd get some kind of big shot because of his personality/controversy, get hammered and then retire as a flash in the pan, but no, Kronk became the King. Nash out.
                  I remember watching Fury fight Scott "ding ding" belshaw live on my work computer lol.

It was weird with Fury the only thing I can think was because he didn't have a classic orthodox technique it bamboozled a lot of people, I'll be honest I didn't think he'd go AS far as he has bit I always saw him as a versatile fighter with a lot of upside.
                  Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Damn, this didn't age well.
                    Thank you, I genuinely enjoyed reading that again nearly 10 years on lol.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

Thank you, I genuinely enjoyed reading that again nearly 10 years on lol.
                      Lol.........

Comment

Working...
                      X