Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tszyu vs Hatton deal - Interesting read!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn`t matter anyhow, let it ride, either Tsyzu vacates or they`ll go to purse bids and everyone will be screwed. I just hope that this fight happens and Hatton beats Tsyzu then no one can underrate him anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by davico
      As I said, WHY should he take it if he knows the other guy is making more?
      Simple really. The person who draws the more money makes more money. If Hatton can sell 22,000 seats fighting Joe Blow off the street, what can Kosta Tsyzu add? Granted, it would go to PPV but that would simply be to finance Tsyzu's wage. Vivian Harris refused the biggest payday of his life to go to Manchester to fight Hatton for $750,000 because he thought champions should make more money. No! The draw makes money. Why did Tarver and Johnson both give up two belts to make a fight happen? Money. Being champion means nothing unless you can draw with that belt.

Comment

You don't think that KT v Gatti, Mayweather or Spinks would not generate more interest in the US where the big dollars are to be made?

Comment

You don't think that KT v Gatti, Mayweather or Spinks would not generate more interest in the US where the big dollars are to be made?
          I think Gatti would but i'm unsure about the other two because Hattons got a huge following.

Hatton vs Tszyu should be easy to make because of networks. I dont think Hatton getting anywhere near as much as Tszyu for the fight if it happens, if he wins he will make a fortune in future but i'm told the purse is ver low for fighting someone as good as Tszyu.

Comment

Being that they don't draw numbers on PPV now, erm no.

Comment

Tszyu vs Hatton deal - Interesting read!!

Originally posted by elveiel
              Somethings confusing me!!

All the top 140 pound fighters say that they will easily beat Hatton, which is fair enough because thats there opinion.

But why do they want huge paydays for the trouble? Why do they ask for the biggest payday of there career to fight someone they consider a fake who only fights bums??
              You pose some good questions, but my question is WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO COME TO M.E.N ARENA TO FIGHT HATTON?
              That's all I ever here "we offered so and so x amount of money to come over here and fight ricky"
              Ricky is the challenger why can't he travel and make less money than the champ? Isn't that what most challengers do? You shoudl your greatness by going into the champs backyard and bust his ass and then return home and demand that everyone comes to you and fight under your terms for your belt like Hatton already does.... He has proven that he is a good fighter and carries himself as likeable person, but he needs to take his show on the road if he wants to be respected...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Untouchable
                You pose some good questions, but my question is WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO COME TO M.E.N ARENA TO FIGHT HATTON?
                That's all I ever here "we offered so and so x amount of money to come over here and fight ricky"
                Ricky is the challenger why can't he travel and make less money than the champ? Isn't that what most challengers do? You shoudl your greatness by going into the champs backyard and bust his ass and then return home and demand that everyone comes to you and fight under your terms for your belt like Hatton already does.... He has proven that he is a good fighter and carries himself as likeable person, but he needs to take his show on the road if he wants to be respected...
                Because thats were his fights generate the most money.

Hatton's a "champion" entertainer, he's developed a style that not only wins but makes thousands of people pay to see it! Like any other fighter these days its supply in demand, Hatton can demand more money because the people are paying to see him.

IMO the ticket selling fighter should earn the most, but i sometimes overlook that when the ticket seller is facing a genuine champion. Fighters like Harris, Cotto and Gatti are not genuine because the beat nobodys to get their titles.

I think Hatton would fight anywhere but Warren doesnt want that, Warrens all about the money. I dont see many US fighter travelling, i dont blame them because who would travel to earn less money??

I respect fighters on their ring performances, not on the location of their fights. if the refs and judges are non bias who's cares where the fight is!?!?

The only issue i have with Hatton is his lack of elite opponents, he's fought some very good guys but he lacks the elite fighter on his record.

Comment

Man, these people are nuts. I wish i could make 5 mil for just beating, or getting beat down by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieD
                    Kosta isn't worth $5 million to fight here. Nobody knows him here. Hatton is the draw.
                    that's the point. why fight hatton in manchester? fight mayweather in melbourne

Comment

just got my ticket for the fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X