No announcement yet.

Video: Mariusz Wach KOs Kevin McBride in 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
    I've met Kevin a few times and he really is a super nice guy, no attitude, no BS...so seeing him getting KO'd like this and taken out on a stretcher, well it's just really sad to see. Of course he needs to retire, and of course he needs to focus on his sobriety. I hope he can find a way to live healthy, without becoming a hopeless alcoholic, or a stepping stone who gets beat up for chump change. McBride's legacy, such that it is, will always be that of the man who retired Mike Tyson, and made Brockton boxing proud, again. Good luck Kevin. It's true what you always said that you came to the ring from Ireland with a lot of heart.

I didn't know he had a drinking problem. What a cliche -- the Irish drunk.

I guess that's why he can't get his weight down.

Comment

Here is a piece about it...

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...and-his-demons

Comment

Thanks, good piece.

It's worrying because it seems McBride uses boxing as a way to fend off the demons. If he can't box anymore, then what?

And from the way he lost against Wach, he shouldn't box anymore. But he probably will.

Comment

War Wach!

Comment

I like McBride and hope he gets over his personal problems, but he's had an extremely fortunate career, got a big break beating Tyson when he did. Saw him on prizefighter about a year ago and he looked overweight and finished. Was suprised to see he was still boxing, not suprised to see him get KO'd. Hope he packs it in and his life settles down.

Comment

I've met Kevin a few times and he really is a super nice guy, no attitude, no BS...so seeing him getting KO'd like this and taken out on a stretcher, well it's just really sad to see. Of course he needs to retire, and of course he needs to focus on his sobriety. I hope he can find a way to live healthy, without becoming a hopeless alcoholic, or a stepping stone who gets beat up for chump change. McBride's legacy, such that it is, will always be that of the man who retired Mike Tyson, and made Brockton boxing proud, again. Good luck Kevin. It's true what you always said that you came to the ring from Ireland with a lot of heart.

lol yeah right, he beat tyson up so bad he retired him. Mcbride is delusional and his fans or should I say likers aren't too realistic either.

Comment

Nasty shot, McBride should stop fighting !

Comment

Working...
                X