Bellew claims Cleverly is running scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
    clev shudnt even be world champ anyway,
    ?????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
      http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Tony Bellew has set his sights on Nathan Cleverly, with the Liverpudlian claiming the WBO light-heavyweight champion is scared of him.

Bellew stepped in at the 11th hour last week to take on Cleverly and the pair were close to trading blows at a press conference. However, Bellew was denied the chance to take on Cleverly as he failed to make the weight.

Cleverly went on to defeat Aleksy Kuziemski and has since set his sights on the veteran Bernard Hopkins. Bellew, though, is keen to persuade promoter Frank Warren to hand him a shot at Cleverly.

"I was told the pay-per-view sales had started to go absolutely crazy after the press conference,"
      Bellew said. "Frank Warren knows the business so he's obviously going to want this fight to happen.

"He knows it is a money-spinner, it's massive, and if you ask me it's got pay-per-view written all over it."

Warren said: "It's obviously a natural fight. I'm seeing Nathan next week and we'll chat about it."

Bellew feels he has a psychological hold over Cleverly, as he said: "He doesn't like me and I don't like him. I genuinely cannot stand the sight of Nathan Cleverly.

"When I see his face I want to punch it. I don't like it. I was close at the press conference.

"He is intimidated by me. Deep down, when he goes to bed, when he closes his door, when he's all alone, Nathan Cleverly is scared of Tony Bellew. I know that."

I think this fight is going to happen. Makes sense and will make money.
      Does anybody know what the numbers were?

Cheers.

Comment

I reckon Cleverly will be exposed very soon and i think bellew could be the man to do it

Comment

I think this fight will happen sometime next year, with the press conference the other week and the fact its a domestic fight between 2 fellas who hate eachother its bound to sell. Im sure it would draw a big crowd in Wales.

Comment

I can't wait to see Bellew beaten to a pulp. Loudmouth.He's nothing to brag about, he should concentrate on Ovil McKenzie.

What was with him losing his temper at the press conference, nothing he said was clever and Clev just casually sat there eating it all up. Made him look proper stupid.

He just retired to 'he would never do what i'm doing'

No he wouldn't... because he's fight to the top he doesn't need to. As if that statement (despite telling us a good 20 times) even slightly discredited Nathan. Good one Tony. You HAVE to do stuff like that because no one's impressed with you.

Comment

Working...
            X