Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour: Khan Vs McCloskey, could be in doubt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Khan Vs McCloskey, could be in doubt?

Don't want to get anyone worried but rumour has it - Khan might pull out because of the issue with SKY.

I'll be absolutely gutted if this is true.

Team Khan have dispelled the rumour.

People putting 2+2 together and getting 5. Needless scaremongering.

Comment

McCloskey has to accept a pay cut. Still I hear the fight is in jeopardy, SKY haven't scheduled the fight yet. Seems a bit weird to me. Let's see.

Comment

ffs im flying over for the weekend. Wankers better not cancel it

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          Apparently it's still going ahead because Paul took agreed to the cut as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
            Apparently it's still going ahead because Paul took agreed to the cut as well.
            Yeah I've heard Khan will have to pay McCloskey. Khan has been screwed by the looks of it.

I'm still not sold on this happening yet, what's the bet Khan pulls out with injury or some shady ****.

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            Let's hope not bro. I am driving up to Manchester, a 4 hour drive for me. I hope it's nothing more than a rumour but I'm skeptical since Khan has lost a huge sum of his purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
              Yeah I've heard Khan will have to pay McCloskey. Khan has been screwed by the looks of it.

I'm still not sold on this happening yet, what's the bet Khan pulls out with injury or some shady ****.

Let's hope not bro. I am driving up to Manchester, a 4 hour drive for me. I hope it's nothing more than a rumour but I'm skeptical since Khan has lost a huge sum of his purse.
              I think he will fight regardless of the loss of money. one reason being that he(or his "Team") knows that he will get some serious heat from the English and Irish fans who've made plans to come to the fight and it could effect potential PPV sales for future fights in the country.

Then again his team are full of morons, so unfortunately anythings possible.

EDIT:Fight is on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...=feeds-newsxml
              Last edited by TheKza; 04-09-2011, 02:43 PM.

Comment

No mention of the fight on Saturday Night Fight!

Comment

Khan's getting what he deserves for taking on a relative unknown, he's lucky HBO are showing the fight and has been lucky that Sky Box Office had been showing his fights against nobodies for years. Accept it and get ready to make some big money against Bradley.

Comment

TO be fair to Khan, he did ensure that Sky were happy with McCloskey before making the fight. So if I was him i'd be pretty pissed at sky for a last minute U turn.

Comment

Working...
                    X