Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it only me that think's Tony Bellew is rubbish?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor boxing ability and shows he has no ring IQ.

He's just a 1-2 fighter without a big punch, that's all he did against Ajisafe. He should've started throwing uppercuts against him or using his jab more effectively instead of trying to come in with big right hands.

He's ****ed off from Farnell and gone back to his amateur trainer. Cited the reason that the 45 minute drive was just too much.

He looked great against bums who folded everytime he landed that right, but when he can't stop an opponent he has no plan B. I'm sure he was a good boxer in the amateurs as he picked up a few ABA titles but just hasn't shown enough in the pro ranks for me to believe he can go far.

Heard talk he's stepping up to cruiserweight as well ( he fought at heavyweight in the amateurs ), so hopefully he has much more success there.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post

He's just a 1-2 fighter without a big punch, that's all he did against Ajisafe. He should've started throwing uppercuts against him or using his jab more effectively instead of trying to come in with big right hands.

He's ****ed off from Farnell and gone back to his amateur trainer. Cited the reason that the 45 minute drive was just too much.

He looked great against bums who folded everytime he landed that right, but when he can't stop an opponent he has no plan B. I'm sure he was a good boxer in the amateurs as he picked up a few ABA titles but just hasn't shown enough in the pro ranks for me to believe he can go far.

Heard talk he's stepping up to cruiserweight as well ( he fought at heavyweight in the amateurs ), so hopefully he has much more success there.
      if he cant take the punches now how could he cope at cruiserweight? against guys such as monte barret and co.

Comment

He's pish, limited skill, no boxing IQ a big mouth. I'm not rating him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post

Your not a fan anymore then

Comment

Though active since the late 1990s, French alternative band Phoenix did not become international superstars until 2009. This colorful, energetic single helped them achieve the feat. It shares its title with a 1975 musical starring Roger Daltrey as Hungarian composer Franz Liszt (and, of course, featuring Ringo Starr as the Pope)

Comment

I don't mind if fighters are cocky but only if they've got some names on their record, have belts and back it up. This guy has been spouting off for months how he'd knock out Cleverly early and all that. The guy then gets dropped 3 times in 2 fights. Cleverly would stop him in 5, not even in the same league.

Cleverly is Premier League, Bellew is League Two. He's got no skills, he just goes looking for the big shot.

His best win is McKenzie and even that was a rubbish stoppage. I hope Ovill finishes the job this time.

Comment

Originally posted by maverickuk2 View Post
                if he cant take the punches now how could he cope at cruiserweight? against guys such as monte barret and co.
                He fought at heavyweight in the amateurs and he cites this as the reason to why he's getting drop so much. If you watch, he's never hurt. He gets dropped, gets up and looks pissed off he's been dropped.

He can do well at cruiserweight, pack on some more muscle and hopefully his chin improves ala Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                  Your not a fan anymore then
                  He did look good in his early fights, not just because he knocked a few out but he had a bigger arsenal of punches.

But ever since he's stepped up he's just using that stupid 1-2. Even against Ajisafe when he was open for uppercuts he kept trying to 1-2. It just shows poor boxing brain.

Comment

I personally don't really rate bellow too much aswell.

Comment

didnt Bellew say "i dont care if he crawled out of Azuma Nelsons arse hole, im still gonna smash him to bits"... with comments like that, he deserves a good beating. he has no class or respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X