No announcement yet.

Mike Stewart sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Stewart sparring

I have just been on Maxboxing.com and wathced the Mike Stewarts pre Hatton sparring video.

I'm not very impressed, he's looking a little slow, holding his hands too low and got tagged a lot by his sparring partner. Hatton has a good chin and i doubt Stewart has the power to cause an upset.

Whats everyone pre fight predictions?

I'll say Hatton KO round 9.

I saw that as well mate, he looks like a smaller, worse version of Hatton, same style of trying to work the body but i just don't think Stewart will be strong enough. Hatton tko 8.

Comment

I'm from Philadelphia.
      I used to work out in a gym called Joe Hand.
      Back in 2000, Mike Stewart used to make the trip rom Delaware to spar at this gym.
      I watched him get schooled by a good boxer named Anthony Washington (fought Rico Williams on ESPN, in 2002), every other day.
      I was surprised when I saw Stewart fight for real, as he was a much better fighter in a fight than in a gym.

So...don't base him on what you saw of him in sparring.
      But, do expect Hatton to pummell him. Diffrent class of fighter.

Comment

ALi was the same he used to look bad in sparring because he was working on his weaknesses

Comment

anyone who seem Stewart's fight with Sharmba Mitchell knows he's in for a wicked beating

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
            I'm from Philadelphia.
            I used to work out in a gym called Joe Hand.
            Back in 2000, Mike Stewart used to make the trip rom Delaware to spar at this gym.
            I watched him get schooled by a good boxer named Anthony Washington (fought Rico Williams on ESPN, in 2002), every other day.
            I was surprised when I saw Stewart fight for real, as he was a much better fighter in a fight than in a gym.

So...don't base him on what you saw of him in sparring.
            But, do expect Hatton to pummell him. Diffrent class of fighter.
            All good fighters save their best for the fight but he didnt look in the sort of shape someone should be just before they face Hatton.

I have only seen him fight Mitchell, he gave him some problems but he looks like a part-time boxer with talent.

I give Stewart credit, he's man enough to get in with two of the best fighters in the toughest division in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
              I have just been on Maxboxing.com and wathced the Mike Stewarts pre Hatton sparring video.

I'm not very impressed, he's looking a little slow, holding his hands too low and got tagged a lot by his sparring partner. Hatton has a good chin and i doubt Stewart has the power to cause an upset.

Whats everyone pre fight predictions?

I'll say Hatton KO round 9.

Ricky Hatton's fighting a full-time truck driver. That's just the plain truth about Stewart.

Hatton wins. it doesn't matter how. he needs to fight Cotto or Mitchell or Tszyu or Mayweather.

Comment

was ringside at the hatton pinto / pederson bill and to stewart is game but he hit the canvass more times than hitting mitchell, my call is hatton to wear him down with body punches in the ninth.

Hatton is carrying the same hip injury Im reliably informed though.
                Last edited by J !; 09-30-2004, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Any one think Stewart showed some slick defence against Hatton? I think he did will to hold him off for 5 rounds!

Shame he didnt have the same fire power as Hatton because it would have been a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X