No announcement yet.

Should they allow boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunna
    There are more unpredictable and dangerous sports out there, where you can have your gonads or eyes ripped out, or be splattered across land (skydiving).
    Its a good, valid question, i got the wrong idea at first from the thread title but the poll question is - Should they have boxing in the Special Olympics

Comment

just straying off topic a little i used to play cricket with a big coloured guy who was deaf and dumb, he was ****ing quick, he actually played for Devon at senior level! I dont see any reaosn why not, there is also a one armed lad who is boxing, read ti in boxing news not so long ago.

inspirational really. Reckon i might beat him though

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
        i used the work in gym, this "special" guy came down a lot to help out(sat and talked ) and the guy was strong!! He didnt work out, play sport or anything, he was just a big naturally strong guy!! I'm told a lot of "special" people are(in general) naturally strong.
        dats cuz they dont understand that the human body has limitations
        they have what i call ****** strength
        there like neo
        they dont care about the "rules"

Comment

i think it would be very difficult to organise.

Comment

exactly, it would be cruel and difficult to organize. It would be complicated to organize, what if an "able bodied" amateur boxer ended up deaf, partly brain damaged and/or internal organ damage AFTER a normal amateur bout with another able bodied athlete. Do you think it would be suitable for a special olympics to be setup?

Comment

There are enough serious injuries as it is in boxing today? boxing in special olympics would be dangerous and bring bad publicity to boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X