Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nathan Cleverley making all the right noises..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as warren doesnt baby him too much then he can go a very long way

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      I don't see him beating any of the title hoders at 175. Today, or down the line.
      What, even shumanov???

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        What, even shumanov???
        IBO > WBA.

But you're right, he would beat Shumenov. I reckon Warren will take him down the WBO route and hopefully pitch him up against Braehmer. A fight i don't think he would win IMO but if he did? Warren would probably make him defend it for 9 or so years before unifying like he did with Calzaghe.

That's why i don't take much notice of these young guns saying they want to take on the divisions best because as long as Cleverley's sat on Frank Warren's lap, he'll have fuck all say on who he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
          IBO > WBA.

But you're right, he would beat Shumenov. I reckon Warren will take him down the WBO route and hopefully pitch him up against Braehmer. A fight i don't think he would win IMO but if he did? Warren would probably make him defend it for 9 or so years before unifying like he did with Calzaghe.

That's why i don't take much notice of these young guns saying they want to take on the divisions best because as long as Cleverley's sat on Frank Warren's lap, he'll have fuck all say on who he fights.
          I think he should fight Shumanov right away, the guy is a known fraud, and Clev could beat him, then take 2 tough but winnable fights at the millenium, before maybe a fight against Glen Johnson, then on to cloud or dawson, thats how i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            I think he should fight Shumanov right away, the guy is a known fraud, and Clev could beat him, then take 2 tough but winnable fights at the millenium, before maybe a fight against Glen Johnson, then on to cloud or dawson, thats how i'd do it
            Just hope he can come through Murat alright. It's gonna be a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Calza appy View Post
              Just hope he can come through Murat alright. It's gonna be a tough fight.
              yes its certainly a potential bannana skin that one, good on both of them for taking it

Comment

I want to see him against Murat, I'm not convinced at the moment.

He's looked good at times, but his defense and power aren't great. However, he's started to get more power and hopefully he's got enough for world level.

Comment

I'm just amazed how his power seems to have come on. Most guys start out knocking people over, then it gets harder through their career. Cleverly seems to be the opposite, which bodes well for the future. I see him as a decent Cruiserweight, agree with the posters who think he's a bit small for Heavyweight, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X