Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kostya Tszyu VS Ricky Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything can happen but how can anyone pick against Tszyu who shows no sign of slowing?

That man has real manos de piedra!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Bushido
      Anything can happen but how can anyone pick against Tszyu who shows no sign of slowing?

That man has real manos de piedra!
      agreed my friend however here are some reasons why it may not work out the way we expect:

1. inactivity, bloke has had 2.5 rounds in 2.5 years. Ringrust against a hatton in front of a home crowd is not something you want.

2. Michell was dreadful and imo overated massivley, Hatton would have taken him apart, I saw him struggle against mike stewart from ringside, trust me Mitchell was never a great force in the first place. old , shot and ****ting himself he was NO test for Kostya.

3. The fact hatton hasnt taken on a top five fighter may also mean we dont know how good he is. He may surprise everyone.

4. styles, Hatotns style may cause Zoo some problems the only time he lost agianst Phillips he got outworked, and this is hattons forte

5. All through boxing history we have seen fights like this ending up in upset, the young untested prospect against the supposed invincible but ageing champ.

It happens time and agian that the young lad prevails.

Ask Barry Mcguigan (v Pedroza), or Lloyd Honeygun V Don curry for example.

believe me this is 60-40 in Zoo's favour. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
        It happens time and agian that the young lad prevails.
        Ask Barry Mcguigan (v Pedroza), or Lloyd Honeygun V Don curry for example.
        First, Donald Curry was "exposed" by Honeyhan and never really recovered from that loss. Kostya has seen just about everything there is to see in the ring and there's been plenty of chances for him to be "exposed", it simply won't happen to him the way it did to Curry. This same comparison was being thrown around prior to Hopkins and Weird Beard, and didn't make sense then either.

For Hatton's sake let's not compare him to Honeygan either, who accomplished very little, other than that upset of Curry.

Comment

I think that Tszyu will beat Hatton, I just dont see Tszyu losing the fight. Even after all that time that Tszyu took off of boxing he came back to fight Mitchell who was one of the top ten 140lb. Tszyu had almost no ring rust, Tszyu beat Mitchell in under three rounds. Hatton has not faced the same quality fighters as Tszyu. I dont think that Tszyu will lose to Hatton. I think that Jose Luis Castillo has a good chance ok beating or even getting a KO over Tszyu and if all goes well for Castillo in his next fight against Corrales I think that Tszyu-Castillo will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Munn
            First, Donald Curry was "exposed" by Honeyhan and never really recovered from that loss. Kostya has seen just about everything there is to see in the ring and there's been plenty of chances for him to be "exposed", it simply won't happen to him the way it did to Curry. This same comparison was being thrown around prior to Hopkins and Weird Beard, and didn't make sense then either.

For Hatton's sake let's not compare him to Honeygan either, who accomplished very little, other than that upset of Curry.
            IT STILL HAPPENED AND IF YOU SAY HONEYGUN DIDNT ACHIEVE MUCH BLIMEY,

oid defintely settle for hatton having the same success.

if being undisputed weltereweight champ then defending the WBC and IBF titles 3 times against the then top contenders, (hatcher, bumphus and blocker) losing then avenging his title agaisnt Vaca and defending the title WBC title twice agian is nothing, then **** me, id like to achieved nothing in my life.

strange you take issue with Honeygun when he defended his title more than Mcguigan.

Comment

1]ring rust isnt a factor, either will the crowd, kostya has fought mostly in the states against local favorites and prevailed with style, watch the crowds for chaves or judah...hes a pro.... 2]i agree on mitchell, but he was the mandatory defense, hes a good fighter without much punch, but he no`s, like judah no`s that kostya`s got em beat before they got in the ring....3]hatton hasnt fought anyone because thats the way its done, hes the local favorite and good on him, but his management have let him down i think and we will see that on the night..imo..4]hattons style is made for kostya, but i think he will have a plan, he will have to, the phillips fight was great, but not kostya`s fight, he didnt take a backward step in that fight, fought vinces fight and paid the price, but what a fight...5]it happens, but it aint happinin this time..lol...jmo..

Comment

hattton VS Tyszu

If hatton gets inside and attacks and doesnt let up i find it hard to c zoo winning but if zoo keeps him at distance its gonna be a easy nite for the champ!

Comment

interesting i cant wait to find out!

gonna be there, by the way Munn, i just wanted to say none of my post was an attack at all, you are an intelligent a respected memeber of this board I know as I look out for your posts bro!!

just to be clear

Comment

I think we will see a game Hatton fighting his heart out, but in the end KT will have too much for him and stop him late.

it seems a similar scenario to Arguello v Mancini. Not their styles , but how I feel the fight will go.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
                      ..... the then top contenders, (hatcher, bumphus and blocker) losing then avenging his title agaisnt Vaca and defending the title WBC title twice agian is nothing, then **** me, id like to achieved nothing in my life.

strange you take issue with Honeygun when he defended his title more than Mcguigan.
                      Smart reply, really. I'm sick of all the little-boy responses and hurt feelings around here. Given that ...

I didn't choose McGuigan 'cause he clearly had even less to trumpet than Honeygan.

Regarding Honeygan, his opponents' names are highly forgettable, much like Honeygan's career, outside of the UK of course. Again, it's an opinion of a fighter's career, which is always debatable.

Comment

Working...
                      X