Collapse
No announcement yet.

top british prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope Foster gets brought up the proper way...British, Commonwealth, European and then WBC title...not the usual IBO, WBU and then WBO pap.

Black

Comment

David Barnes is a great talent.

I wasnt that impressed until the Vincent fight, although many think Vincent won, i thought he looked a class above. Vicent used his strength well but Barnes was the more talented fighter.

Hopefuly we will see Barnes step it up again after a big win over Hare.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
        David Barnes is a great talent.

I wasnt that impressed until the Vincent fight, although many think Vincent won, i thought he looked a class above. Vicent used his strength well but Barnes was the more talented fighter.

Hopefuly we will see Barnes step it up again after a big win over Hare.
        massive win over hare i didn't think he would win never mind stop him so early.
        hopefully he can make some good progress in his next fights and show us all what he really has.
        but he must fight vincent again if he wants the fans behind him!!

Comment

I have to say that I didn't think much of Barnes before the Hare fight.

But he really impressed me in beating him. I think a Vincent rematch is in order to clear up that unfinished business, and then a Khaliq fight should happen to sort out British supremacy.

With title unified, though, Barnes is really gonna have to work on getting a ranking by beating some tough world ranked opposition.

How about Cosme Rivera? Let's see if he can go one better than Hare and beat this kid! Isn't Rivera world ranked by the IBF?

Black

Comment

Originally posted by blackbelt2003
            I have to say that I didn't think much of Barnes before the Hare fight.

But he really impressed me in beating him. I think a Vincent rematch is in order to clear up that unfinished business, and then a Khaliq fight should happen to sort out British supremacy.

With title unified, though, Barnes is really gonna have to work on getting a ranking by beating some tough world ranked opposition.

How about Cosme Rivera? Let's see if he can go one better than Hare and beat this kid! Isn't Rivera world ranked by the IBF?

Black
            jawaid must be looking for bigger fights than barnes!!
            i think a euro title would be the best way to go,
            that way barnes gets a world ranking and progresses enough to keep him sharp and build a good following.
            the rivera fight would be good to watch but might a bit too early for barnes at this stage having seen what happened to hare.

Comment

How old is he?

I suppose he's got years to go yet, hasn't he?

Trouble is, Frank Warren doesn't like Euro titles much does he? He normally sticks them in for an IBO or WBF title instead.

This is all well and good, but the guys they fight are often unknown quan******, which means we get mismatches until they fight someone who turns out to be pretty damn good (like Hare with Rivera!)

At least with the European title you get quality fights against known quan******.

Black

Comment

Originally posted by blackbelt2003
                How old is he?

I suppose he's got years to go yet, hasn't he?

Trouble is, Frank Warren doesn't like Euro titles much does he? He normally sticks them in for an IBO or WBF title instead.

This is all well and good, but the guys they fight are often unknown quan******, which means we get mismatches until they fight someone who turns out to be pretty damn good (like Hare with Rivera!)

At least with the European title you get quality fights against known quan******.

Black
                yeah i agree!!
                btw barnes is only 23

Comment

Love watching Alex Arthur. David Haye has been a class act and a good breath of fresh air. It's just a matter of time before he and Maccranelli are in the ring together and that would be something.

Comment

I think froch is the number one prospect but time will tell.

Comment

how about amir khan....he'll be turning pro very soon as he is already flirting with the idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X