No announcement yet.

Uzbekistain boxing thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uzbekistain boxing thread

This is an excellent documentary on Uzbekistan boxing and why I think the former Russian republic will be real players at the international stage. Watch it as it features athletic training and combines it with Uzbek's innate hitting power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3uhkRCkGO4

The average man in Uzbekistan is but 5'7" tall, so naturally I think they should do well in boxing at lower weights. But something unusual is happening in this melting pot of a land of 36 million people. They are starting to dominate heavyweight boxing in the amateurs and have several new pro's that are world class. This is new.

What is unusual is they have athletic heavyweight giants. Jalolov who is 6'7" the and Zolroiv who is a giant of a man at 6'7+" 260+ pounds who almost dwarfs Hrgovic, a 6'6" man in a photo with his extremely big legs, arms and hands and chest.

Jalolov is the Olympic super heavyweight and super heavyweight world champion who is currently 14-0, 14 KO as a pro and has the best straight left in boxing today. He is a good bet to be a future pro champi
    on.

Zoloriv the 20 year old prodigy and world junior super heavyweight champion skipped the men senior division and went straight to the pro's. At age 20! He is currently 1-0, 1 KO his power level is such that he moved his man every time he landed in his pro debut. Impressive. What will he be like at age 23?

And Uzek features Mullojonov, a mere 6'3" 1/2 inch 4-0 4 KO - heavyweight prospect, and recent world class amateur sucess.

All three men are southpaws and hail from a nation as I said has the average man standing 5'7" tall! How unusual. Look for them in my quarterly 2023 heavyweight prospect raking thread featuring 20 men due out in late December 2023.

But where does this great size and power come from? Likely Russian ancestry is my guess. Like former heavyweight pro Chagaev who was both a world amateur champion and a heavyweight champion.

Who you guessed it was also a southpaw!

With the USA essentially out of the upper weight boxing business ( light heavy , cruiser weight and heavyweight ) and Russia and Ukraine at war the path is clear for Uzberk dominance in pro boxing. It is starting to happen now. Get to know them.

Last edited by Dr. Z; 12-24-2023, 10:34 AM.
    Rachel Aylett Rachel Aylett likes this.

I dated n uzbecki chick, she was hot but ice cold.

She said she was a gypsy type person

chick had me all twisted up fast

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on Zokirov - I know the other two but didn't know him. He is on my watch list now!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Aylett View Post
        Thanks for the heads-up on Zokirov - I know the other two but didn't know him. He is on my watch list now!
        He is the most impressive 19 year old 6'5"+ 230 LBS + heavyweight pro prospect I have seen in 20 years! Check this link out, you might like it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...s-january-2024
        Rachel Aylett Rachel Aylett likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

He is the most impressive 19 year old 6'5"+ 230 LBS + heavyweight pro prospect I have seen in 20 years! Check this link out, you might like it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...s-january-2024
          Looks good - good research, I'll have a look at that over the weekend.

Comment

The now 2-0 Zokirov faced a very good opponent, perhaps the best 2nd opponent for a heavyweight in the past 50 years. So young ( at 20 ) vs man experience and with skills in his prime. You just don't see a man this age with 1 pro fight ,fighting a veteran who was ranked 59th a box rec.

So how did he look? The big Z had very good power, was a powerhouse in the clinch and good offensive skills, but obviously needed to work on defense and ring generalship. He showed an A plus chin as he was hit hard a few times and hardly moved, nor was he forced to cover up or even back up.

I was impressed with a few things but he needs a lot of work and more pro fights.

His handlers took this fight on a 9 day notice. A sign they believe he is for real. Look for him to rise in my top 20 heavyweight prospects
            Last edited by Dr. Z; 04-14-2024, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X